View Full Version : skating camp advice

Terri C
06-25-2002, 08:12 AM
:P
I'll be attending my FIRST Adult skating camp next month in Hillsbourough, NC.
I've already reserved my hotel room for the week- one of those extended stay places!
Other than skating clothes, water bottle and personal items, can anyone think of anything else I should be bringing?
Any NC skaters out there?

Thanks all, Terri

Elsy2
06-25-2002, 08:38 AM
Make sure you pack extra laces and a big old screwdriver just in case! And don't forget the kleenex....Perhaps a little notebook to jot down tips and the addresses of those you meet. Have fun!

LoopLoop
06-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Definitely bring a little notebook. Also remember to bring ibuprofen! And depending on what kind of sore muscles you tend to get, maybe a heating pad if you have one.

Terri C
06-25-2002, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice I've received so far. I already keep a notebook in my skate bag to take notes for practices and lessons. I also keep Motrin in my purse all the time. I'm thinking about bringing my foot tub with me- it's one of those electric foot saunas!

Mrs Redboots
06-25-2002, 11:05 AM
Arnica cream, in case you have a nasty fall and bang yourself. Homeopathic arnica tablets, for the same reason. Dr Bach's Rescue Remedy, in case said fall puts you into shock. Blister plasters - the colloid gel ones are especially good. Let's hope you won't need any of those, but it's better to have them and not want them than the reverse.

Don't forget the usual first-aid kit you would take when travelling - aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetamol, whichever your preferred remedy is, tummy medicine, cold relief.....

Oh, and take your swimming kit - there may well be a Jacuzzi or similar, and, trust me, you will want to visit it!

Figureskates
06-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Don't forget your skates!!!....it happens.