View Full Version : Good luck to everyone doing Bracknell on Thurs/Fri

TashaKat
06-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Hope that it goes well for you all :)

I'll be there on the Thursday to cheer you all on, please come up and say 'hi' ..... I'll probably be with Will (of the Ricky Martin/Frank Sinatra, Pinnochio and THIS YEAR is doing ....... well, that's a secret .... artistic number fame) as I've been delegated by Madame to 'put him on' for his class!

I can't wait to see you all skate ......... I hope you don't mind if I take some pics of you all, please let me know if you do :)

All the best

L xx

NickiT
06-25-2002, 07:45 AM
Hi Lynne,

I didn't see this thread when I just posted in my pre-comp warm-up thread!! Anyway as I said on there I will be skating on Thursday between 9.46 and 10.20, providing my newly twisted ankle allows me. Please send some rapid-healing vibes. Oh and don't expect to see me do wonderfully - as you know I found out the hard way last year that my nerves get in the way and I have a tendancy to go to pieces. Still I'll go out there and give it my best shot. Just hope my ankle survives. I've got no objections to you taking pics - but do you really want pics of me looking a hopeless case on the ice!!!!!!

Nicki

flo
06-25-2002, 09:16 AM
:) Good luck to all!

TashaKat
06-25-2002, 10:51 AM
[quote:66165e10df="NickiT"]Hi Lynne, I've got no objections to you taking pics - but do you really want pics of me looking a hopeless case on the ice!!!!!! Nicki[/quote:66165e10df]

Hi Nicki, I sent you healing and positive vibes on the other thread :) You'll probably feel better about it all this time anyway and don't worry about the pics, I've got a digital camera so can 'lose' any that are less than flattering :)

See you on Thursday

L x

Mrs Redboots
06-25-2002, 11:18 AM
[quote:5555117371="NickiT"]I've got no objections to you taking pics - but do you really want pics of me looking a hopeless case on the ice!!!!!!

Nicki[/quote:5555117371]Nicki, you won't look hopeless, not compared to me. I promise you.....

I'm doing the Under Level 1 Artistic in the afternoon - and dance on Friday, but that's another story. I can't remember whether Will is in that class or (I hope) the one above. I know he was drawn straight after me in the free dance at Oxford, which did me no favours but plenty for him....

TashaKat
06-25-2002, 11:25 AM
[quote:fe724d858f="Mrs Redboots"] I'm doing the Under Level 1 Artistic in the afternoon - and dance on Friday, but that's another story. I can't remember whether Will is in that class or (I hope) the one above. I know he was drawn straight after me in the free dance at Oxford, which did me no favours but plenty for him....[/quote:fe724d858f]

Annabel, he has his Prelim (?Level 2) so will be in the class above.

L x

Mrs Redboots
06-25-2002, 11:28 AM
[quote:19aa0c2f08="TashaKat"]
Annabel, he has his Prelim (?Level 2) so will be in the class above.

L x[/quote:19aa0c2f08]Phew! I thought he did, actually. I suppose I'll come last again; one day I'll find out how to please the judges in this country!

NickiT
06-26-2002, 08:16 AM
Hey I can't wait to meet the both of you - Lynne and Annabel!!! I intend to stay all day as I want to watch the artistic classes and see you all do your stuff too!!!

I really thought I was going to be out this morning though. After skating reasonably well last night despite my sore ankle, this morning it was so stiff and painful I couldn't even put it to the floor. I was in a terrible state. But you know what we skaters put ourselves through. I hobbled into the rink made it onto the ice, nearly died trying to do a three turn and had my coach tell me maybe I shouldn't be doing this. Anyway I skated through the pain barrier and managed to do my two best ever run-throughs of my programme. Everything worked and the fact that I did it through pain made it feel even more of a personal achievement. I just know I really need to warm-up my ankle to begin with and keep it loosened up so I will definitely skate on the patch before the competition and try and keep it mobilised.

Look forward to seeing you there!!!

Nicki