View Full Version : Woeful or Wonderful - Lessons/practices 8-14 June 2003

Mrs Redboots
06-08-2003, 07:28 AM
Back on the ice today for our lesson. As we haven't anything really difficult to do together in forthcoming competitions, we asked to work on partnering each other. So first of all, he had to lead me in a Prelim Foxtrot, then I had to lead him in a Dutch Waltz, then we had to take it in turns to lead each other in the Rhythm Blues and Canasta Tango - it did seem to help, if we were both aware of the hold and of the pattern. Mind you, our usual problems with timing and going in and out of sync with each other came to the fore.... but there you are!

RIDL match tonight at Queen's. I hope we get a decent draw.....

JDC1
06-10-2003, 08:16 AM
You once wrote in a post about sinus infections and skating? or was it ear infections and skating? I feel like I"ve noticed a direct correlation between having sinus congestion - then skating - and then getting sick literally the next day. I seem to recall you writing about being careful with skating when you have colds or infections.

Mrs Redboots
06-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Yes, I understand one does need to be careful about training with a virus - any sort of athletic training, not just skating. One becomes all-too-easy prey for one of those awful post-viral syndromes that take forever to go away!

If you aren't quite well, listen to your body - if you can skate, then do so, but perhaps it would be a good day to focus on edges and Field Moves and maybe some figures, rather than trying to jump and spin. If you really don't feel up to it, don't force yourself - I know it can be a waste of a lesson fee, but better that than off the ice for some weeks!