View Full Version : Skating rink in Nice, France

mikawendy
05-30-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi, everyone, I know I posted with a similar question before, but I was wondering if any of you know whether the ice rink at the Palais de Sport Jean Bouin is open year-round?

The replies to my earlier post made it sound like the rinks are mostly closed in Europe in the summer except in alpine areas... but the web site for the Palais says it's open year round. But the last time the web site was updated was in 2001.

Any help would be appreciated. I leave next week for my loooong honeymoon, and if the rink is open, I'll take my skates (my husband needs to run a few business-related errands, so I might have some time on my own).

Thanks a million!!!

Mrs Redboots
06-03-2003, 09:23 AM
I don't know for certain, but more and more rinks in France are open for most, if not all of the year, so if the website says it is open all year, that will probably not have changed.

mikawendy
06-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
I don't know for certain, but more and more rinks in France are open for most, if not all of the year, so if the website says it is open all year, that will probably not have changed.

Thanks! It turns out I have room in my checked luggage, so I think I will take my skates, just in case. I like breaks between sessions of group lessons because I can work on whatever (e.g., stroking, dance) instead of just the elements I have to learn to pass my next skills test.