View Full Version : Bracknell Adult Opens 26th/27th June

batikat
05-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Just a reminder to all UK skaters that this competition is on 26th / 27th June. There is something for everyone from the Beginners to high level in Free, Dance - solo and couples, Artistic, Pairs, Show numbers and there is a Young Adult category this year for the 18-25's.

The closing date is June 1st so you need to get your skates on to enter.

Please enter and support this Adults-only competition. If we can't cover our costs this year we are in danger of losing the only All- Adult, all level, Free and Dance Open in the country.

If you are not entering this year, why not come along and support those who are.

Hope to see lots of you there. If anyone still needs to see a schedule please PM me with your email address and I can send you copies of the schedule and entry form. I think they are also available to down load for the Basingstoke Club website. Sorry, the Bracknell website hit a few technical hitches but should be up and running soon. Please pass the message on to any adult skaters you know so we can secure the future of this competition.

Thanks!

NickiT
05-30-2003, 04:11 PM
I really hope we are not going to lose our Open competition. I know there has been a delay in getting the schedules out that was unavoidable but it would be great to have some support from the UK adult skaters!

Anyway I'm definitely going to be there!!!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
06-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Us too. At least, assuming our entry forms arrived - I posted them before we left on holiday, so they should have got there in time.

We are entering for several classes between us, viz:

Artistic (me)
Improvisation (me)
Solo compulsory dance (him)
Couples compulsory dance under Level (whatever, can't remember) (us)
Couples compulsory dance next level up (him and his Other Woman)
Solo Original Dance (me)
Solo Free Dance (me)

He chickened out of doing the next level up solo compulsories. Which he will regret, I think; he's almost competitive at that level now.

NickiT
06-03-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots

We are entering for several classes between us, viz:

Artistic (me)
Improvisation (me)
Solo compulsory dance (him)
Couples compulsory dance under Level (whatever, can't remember) (us)
Couples compulsory dance next level up (him and his Other Woman)
Solo Original Dance (me)
Solo Free Dance (me)

Wow, that's a lot of classes you're entering, Annabel. Anyway I look forward to seeing you there!

Nicki

Mrs Redboots
06-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Yes, well, I always do do the artistic; since I was one of those suggesting the Improvisation, I feel I rather have to have a go; I have the Free Dance already, and Batikat and the competition secretary nagged me into doing the OD!

Of course, these things are not helped by the fact that the World Challenge is that weekend at Slough, too...... At the Mountain Cup, we were "See you next year" to the American skaters, and "See you in December!" to the European ones - but "See you soon!" to the British ones, who were all going to be either at the World Challenge, or Bracknell, or both.....

batikat
06-03-2003, 01:05 PM
Yes, well, I always do do the artistic; since I was one of those suggesting the Improvisation, I feel I rather have to have a go; I have the Free Dance already, and Batikat and the competition secretary nagged me into doing the OD!

But the OD is really good fun - you'll enjoy it! We are doing the OD's ,Free dances, compulsories and the Improv. classes in an adults only club comp tomorrow. I wouldnt' mind except I've changed so much on both the Free dance and OD i shall be amazed if i can remember it.

As for the improv. - goodness knows what i am going to do - lots and lots of LFO3's i expect. i am doing it with 2 Free skaters and agreed to do it with 3 jumps in it for the club comp so i have to try and do a toe-loop and a salchow in there somewhere. I have never tried to do either at any speed or in a programme before!!! Nicki T - you should be doing this too!!!

See you at WIC Annabel!

NickiT
06-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by batikat

As for the improv. - goodness knows what i am going to do - lots and lots of LFO3's i expect. i am doing it with 2 Free skaters and agreed to do it with 3 jumps in it for the club comp so i have to try and do a toe-loop and a salchow in there somewhere. I have never tried to do either at any speed or in a programme before!!! Nicki T - you should be doing this too!!!

No way. You know I'm not good at that sort of thing. I have successfully avoided the humiliation of making a complete idiot of myself tomorrow night - and that's the way I like it!!!!!

I will not rule out doing it next year though. Will see how it works out this year!

Nicki

batikat
06-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by NickiT
No way. You know I'm not good at that sort of thing. I have successfully avoided the humiliation of making a complete idiot of myself tomorrow night - and that's the way I like it!!!!!

I will not rule out doing it next year though. Will see how it works out this year!

Nicki

Well, there will be 3 of us out there making complete idiots of themselves on Wednesday - at least if you aren't there, then I might get bronze!!!!!!:lol:

BTW Entries for the Adult Opens are up on last year which is great news and should keep any loss on costs down to a minimum.

Mrs Redboots
06-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Hey, no fair! You'll have had a chance to see what it is like to do one, and I've not only never done one before, I've never done a free skating programme, either! Oh well, all good clean fun, I suppose.

batikat
06-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey, no fair! You'll have had a chance to see what it is like to do one, and I've not only never done one before, I've never done a free skating programme, either! Oh well, all good clean fun, I suppose.

I wouldn't worry - it is only a one time thing and probably not much different to trying to make something up to someone elses freestyle music. I tried this last week and couldnt' keep going for a minute let alone 1 min 40. I've never done a Free Programme either and for the Open we will only be doing the one 3-jump - so having done it with 3 different jumps I will probably just end up confused. Besides at least you have seen an Improv class before. I have no idea what people do!!!
Beginning to wonder if 'Fun' is the right word - perhaps 'torture' and 'humiliation' would fit the bill here!:lol: