View Full Version : Unbelievable Arrogance!!!

Figureskates
06-23-2002, 08:54 AM
As part of my figure skating routine, I try to rollerblade 6 to 10 miles a day, 5 to 6 days a week. It is great practice for stroking and has really bulit up my leg muscles and my coach has remarked how much better and stronger my stroking is on the ice...that's great.

I in line skate on a bikepath that is right around the corner from my house so I put the old blades on at my backdoor and off I go. Well, being a bikepath, there are a lot of bikers, naturally. Most of them are just out there for exercise, but there is that small group of "Lance Armstrong" wannabes who fly down the path and blow everyone else off the road.

Well at a cross road at a mjor highway, I was waiting for the light witrh a couple of these guys and one sez to me, "You damn bladers are a menace, can't you see we are training?" I told him I was cross training since I am a figure skater. With this he really loses it and sez, "You people are also a menace in the ice rinks when we cross train there during the winter, you are always in our way!!"

I was flabbergasted!! I didn't answer since I figured no matter what I said would make a difference....what an arrogant chowderhead!! geez.. :evil:

pink_flower77
06-23-2002, 12:06 PM
I agree, what a loser. THEY'RE they ones in your way, and they make it a point to be rude too! Hey, next time you see them in a rink, blast by them and cut them off 8)

Michigansk8er
06-24-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm a cyclist and a skater. Ignore the idiot. Real cyclists train on the road, not on a multiuse path. Although they are sometimes called "bike paths", they are actually designed for ALL non-motorized modes of transportation to share equally (and that includes joggers, in-line skaters, walkers, etc.). A suggestion would be to contact someone in charge of your path and suggest a posted speed limit. I do ride several trails that have speed limits posted. I don't ride on these when I'm training either. Anyhow, there's one in every bunch. I tour a lot, and there is one group that can't seem to get it through their heads that the tours are not races. On the other hand, bikes have the same privileges on roads that cars do, and motorists can be equally as rude. Believe me, I've heard it all.

Mrs Redboots
06-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Are cyclists in the USA as bad as they are here about ignoring red lights, and generally not keeping the Highway Code?

Michigansk8er
06-25-2002, 05:28 PM
Not the ones I ride with, but there are plenty out there that don't think the rules of the road apply to them. They are also given tickets if the police see them do it.

Schmeck
06-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Gee, too bad roller blades don't have toepicks, you could have given him a couple of flat tires and zipped away :twisted: