View Full Version : It is time to embarrass Kelli!!!!

Figureskates
05-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Turn around is fair play.

Stop the presses, just off the wire. Kelli passed her Juv Moves about 30 minutes ago.....

The crowd went crazy!! Took the5 sweepers at least 10 minutes to clean all the flowers and teddy bears off the ice.

A hearty congratulations Kelli, on a job well done.

Debbie S
05-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Congratulations, Kelli! :)

garyc254
05-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Good for you, Kelli!!!!! :D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

jazzpants
05-20-2003, 01:18 PM
2-4-6-8, show 'em how to figure skate! GOOO Kelli!!! :D :D :D

(Hey! I did it to Figureskate too! Turn around *IS* fair play!!! Heh heh heh) :twisted: :P :lol:

Congrats to you! Juv moves *ARE* a pain!!! (From what I've seen at other test session AND from fooling around with it myself.) YUCKO!!! :P

dbny
05-20-2003, 02:16 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Passing Juv moves is my ultimate goal. When you can pass that you know you are a real skater.

blondeangl
05-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Congratulation Kelli!! That is so woderful that you passed Juvenile moves!! :D

lord farquad ;)
05-20-2003, 08:08 PM
What elements do you have to be able to do to pass juv. moves??

blondeangl
05-20-2003, 08:14 PM
they are listed here: http://sk8stuff.com/f_rules/mif_test_elements_low.htm -- SCROLL DOWN :D

Kelli
05-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone! :oops:

I passed, barely, but I'll take it. I fell on the forward crossrolls so I had a reskate for those (haha, the referee had to ask what move I fell on because he forgot!). Two of the three judges gave me just the passing total, and the other gave me 0.2 below. Not stellar, but hey, I'll take it! I skated ok, not great, but I was really happy with how I recovered after my fall.

And so, on to Intermediate!

thumbyskates
05-21-2003, 12:23 AM
I was looking at the moves in the field requirements for the USA. I think I could get up to my Novice or Junior MIF...but what the heck is a "Power Pull" (Novice MIF)?

I figured out that if I were American I'd have my Intermediate Freeskate Elements and my Novice MIF...I could almost have my Novice Freeskate, though. I just can't do a Double/Double yet.

Does anyone have any ideas on how a Canadian Skater could start testing American tests if that's possible?

And congratulations Kelli!! Passing any test is a BIG achievement. Go out, have fun and reward yourself :D:D:D

Kortney

Mrs Redboots
05-21-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by thumbyskates
but what the heck is a "Power Pull" (Novice MIF)?

One-footed continuous change of edge. I believe the idea is that you get more power from the move as you go along, hence the name.

Congratulations, Kelli!

quarkiki2
05-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Way to go, Kelli!!!!

NickiT
05-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Way to go Kelli. A huge congratulations and well done. That's great news:D !!!

tidesong
05-21-2003, 09:44 PM
whoohoo congrats! :)

dbny
05-21-2003, 10:37 PM
I was looking at the moves in the field requirements for the USA. I think I could get up to my Novice or Junior MIF...but what the heck is a "Power Pull" (Novice MIF)?

Also known as "edge pulls" and introduced in pre-Juv MIF, both feet, F and B, 1/4 of the straightaway per foot/direction.

CanAmSk8ter
05-22-2003, 06:40 AM
Does anyone have any ideas on how a Canadian Skater could start testing American tests if that's possible?

You actually have to start at the beginning. A friend of mine moved here a few years ago from Canada as a novice (maybe even junior, can't remember) and had to start all over with pre-pre moves. We just had another skater move to our rink from Russia, a former World Junior Champion, who's going to be skating for the US, and my best friend and I were hysterical the other day at the thought of him having to take the Dutch Waltz and Pre-Pre moves. But we're pretty sure he does have to.

Stormy
05-22-2003, 12:04 PM
I know who you're talking about since he tested at my rink. In some ways it didn't seem fair to have him start at pre-pre, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. A friend of mine who was the Mexican national champion who's been to Worlds 3 times, I think, just started taking all her Moves and she had to start at Pre-Pre.

Anyways! Congrats, Kelli. That's a great accomplishment. NOW, you can have fun with Intermediate!