View Full Version : Peach Classic 2003

jenlyon60
05-19-2003, 04:50 AM
The announcement for Peach Classic is up...

Peach Classic (http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/forms.htm)

Stormy
05-19-2003, 02:13 PM
I can't wait to go this year! I'll finally be 25 and can compete with the "grown-ups"! LOL :)

skaternum
05-19-2003, 03:08 PM
You're going to have a blast, Stormy! Peach is a lot of fun. We need to get all the skatingforums people together to meet each other. I think Dani should be in charge of that. ;)

I saw on the website that there will be a "standard" competition immediately preceding Peach Classic. I must admit my first reaction was, "Uh oh. There'll be all the kids and coaches and parents and crap around." I hope the atmosphere won't be negatively impacted by this. Peach is usually so much fun because it's all adults (and their own kids!).

MissIndigo
05-19-2003, 03:15 PM
I want to go so bad since I'm sitting out State Games this year. I just don't want to be the only adult at my rink who goes though! I'll pass the info around at the next club meeting, see if anyone's interested.

That and I'll see how my nerves are. School's so intense right now I really have to hyperfocus.

Stormy
05-19-2003, 05:41 PM
I've actually been 3 times before, always competing in Young Adule Silver or Bronze. It's always a fun and low key competition and I love the relaxed atmosphere. I was also a little hesitant that they're combining it with another competition. We'll just have to see what happens!

Yea, the skatingforums people should definitely have a get together! Does anyone know where they're staying yet?

:)

dani
05-19-2003, 05:58 PM
I am up for that!!!

Now that I have seen the requirements, I get to plan what I will skate! Silver Compulsary looks like a lot of fun and difficult at the same time! ;-)

Hugs (and hi's to all the people I have been neglecting)

Danielle

ps) BTW - I sold my first house today!!!!!

jenlyon60
05-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Yes... I get the joy of Silver MITF since I finished my Pre-Silver dances.

Also now that they changed the rules on Adult Interp, I plan to have an interp program.

Maybe I'll provide entertainment value in Pre-Silver Solo Dance also.

Is Labor Day early this year or is the competition a week earlier?

dani
05-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Wow Jen!! Congrats on the European!!!!!!!

Did you read that I won't have to solo it? We are having a test center at the end of June and I am planning on taking Silver MIF and bronze dances so I will likely skate pre-silver dance too!

I will probably try to skate gold MIF, but we will have to wait and see.

Hugs!
Danielle

MissIndigo
05-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by jenlyon60

Is Labor Day early this year or is the competition a week earlier?

Labor Day's early, Sept. 1st.

skaternum
05-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Stormy, we usually stay at the Camden Suites. I think we'll be taking a big group this year, and I imagine we'll stay at Camden again. Our little contingent will include a dance couple (if anybody else signs up for Pre-Bronze!! talk it up!), Silver man, several Silver ladies, Bronze ladies, and(faux) Pairs.

Congratulations, Jen, on finishing up the Pre-Silvers! I'm glad you'll be able to do an interp. Can't wait to see it.

Congratulations, Danielle, on selling a house!

dani
05-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks Skaternum!!

I will be staying at the Camden, too. It was a very nice hotel last time!

Oh, and I ask for the skaternum rate ;-) (At least that was how they finally found the good rate in DC ;-)

Hugs!!
Danielle

ps) I have signed contracts in posession!!

jenlyon60
05-20-2003, 05:46 AM
I haven't yet made reservations. I guess I'll go for the Camden. Last year I stayed with a friend who lived in Duluth, but she's moved to Alpharetta...don't know how far that is from the rink, and in what direction.

Am trying to talk more Wash FSC skaters into do the comp, but usually all I have been hearing is excuses.

And I'm still a glutton for punishment... passed the EW, but am competiting it not once but twice at Pro-Am. It's much more fun to skate now that I don't have to worry about testing it.

--jsl

CanAmSk8ter
05-22-2003, 06:37 AM
I stayed at Camden both times I did Peach and liked it a lot. I won't be going this year, unless by chance they now allow the Young Adults to compete in solo dance. Anyone know? I know they didn't before, but Sectionals did this year.

Stormy
05-22-2003, 11:59 AM
CanAm- I think the entry stated for Dance you have to be 25 and older, but it never hurts to ask if they'll allow it. Ususally when I asked a regular Open competition if I could compete Adult and be under 25, they'd usually say yes...probably because they wanted the entry fee! :) It really isn't fair for them to exclude Dance from YA. I know last year they added YA silver spins, and that wasn't on the entry form.
I remember competing with you at Peach 2 years ago. Hopefully you can go this year! :)

Terri C
05-22-2003, 07:05 PM
Now if the workplace Gods will let me off that weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun), but work Labor Day, then I'll go to PC!
Jen, that will mean TWO Washington FSC skaters there!

jenlyon60
05-22-2003, 08:38 PM
The more the merrier... I've been talking up Peach to WFSC adult skaters every chance I get.