View Full Version : where do you skate?

ronniev
05-10-2003, 01:45 AM
im kinda new to this board. but im glad to have found it, and skating, in my life again.

so i was wondering, where does everyone skate?

since leaving my "home rink" of the galleria in dallas when i moved to california, i haven't really found a home rink.

that's probably because i travel alot for work (every week). but i have recently been skating in utah at the salt lake city complex as well as in los angeles at the culver city rink and the health south rink.

anyone else?

sk8er1964
05-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ronniev
im kinda new to this board. but im glad to have found it, and skating, in my life again.

Welcome to the group! And welcome back to skating - how long have you been off?

I skate at about 5 different rinks in the Detroit area, depending on my schedule, their schedule etc. When I travel (which is not often), I try to find out if there's a local rink there and I call up the rink (or the skating club) and ask when I can skate. Sometimes it's been an early morning session, and on my last trip the local club let me skate on their freestyle session.

If you look up clubs on the USFSA website you can find rinks in many areas.

Black Sheep
05-10-2003, 10:48 AM
I skate at about 4 dift. rinks in Chicagoland. 8-)

flying~camel
05-10-2003, 01:28 PM
I skate at the Standard Federal Ice Center in Grand Rapids, MI, with the Greater Grand Rapids FSC.

Used to skate at Southwest Ice Arena in Crestwood, IL; Oak Lawn Ice Arena in Oak Lawn, IL; and Indiana/World Skating Academy in Indianapolis, IN.

ronniev
05-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by sk8er1964
Welcome to the group! And welcome back to skating - how long have you been off?

Thank you, sk8er1964!

I was off for only about a year. But for someone who used to skate religiously twice a week, that's a long time.

singerskates
05-12-2003, 03:08 PM
I skate on the ice..... OK, OK,

LOL

This year for spring skating, I'm skating at my club's home rink, Rvierside Arena. My home club is Riverside SC in Windsor, ON Canada.

If I were to do Summer Skating School, I'd prabably be skating at the South Windsor Arena which is home to South Windsor FSC. But I'm off after spring skating until Sept. 2003 the week after my 20th Wedding Anniversary.

I'm working on getting my legs and feet fixed up for the fall. They're a mess. My bunions need surgery. My right Achilles tendon and knee is getting physio. And I'll be working on getting strength in the smaller muscles of my feet which aren't working properly do to the bunions and hammer toes.

blondeangl
05-12-2003, 05:09 PM
i skate on the ice to ... lol ... i skate with the SNHCS (Southern NH Skating Club) its usually out of Manchester but due to ice issues it is in Hookset for the next 2 months ;)

Terri C
05-12-2003, 07:37 PM
My home rink is Ice Sports Chesapeake in Chesapeake, VA!

starskate
05-12-2003, 10:34 PM
i just started skating with the CFSC (Chatham Figure Skating Club). the club has two rinks one for the winter (which is memorial arena) and the other is Thames campus Arena (this is for the spring and summer sessions we have a third arena but the club doesn't use it anymore. it has really bad ice. it is used mostly for hockey and others.

jess

PattyP
05-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Welcome ronniev!

I skate not too far from where you do, at Paramount Iceland, which is located in Paramount, CA...."where the Zamboni was invented" :lol:

PattyP

wa_skater
05-13-2003, 02:44 PM
I am a member of Seattle Skating Club at Olympic View Ice Arena in Mountlake Terrace, WA. Anyone else from the Northwest? :)

~Anna

CanAmSk8ter
05-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by starskate
i just started skating with the CFSC (Chatham Figure Skating Club). the club has two rinks one for the winter (which is memorial arena) and the other is Thames campus Arena (this is for the spring and summer sessions we have a third arena but the club doesn't use it anymore. it has really bad ice. it is used mostly for hockey and others.

jess

LOL, I was just about to ask you if that was the same Chatham Shae's from, and then I saw the sig line. Dumb question.

starskate
05-13-2003, 09:27 PM
LOL CanAmSk8ter!

The one arena (Memorial Arena) is where Shae actually got her start in skate, (kind of funny that's where I started also). And also, at Thames Campus Arena is where Shae and Victor skated two weeks before Worlds in 95. ;)

Bye all Jess

ronniev
05-14-2003, 01:45 AM
Thanks Patty P!

Where is Paramount, CA? Is that anywhere near Universal City?

Mrs Redboots
05-14-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by PattyP
I skate not too far from where you do, at Paramount Iceland, which is located in Paramount, CA...."where the Zamboni was invented" :lol:
I skated there twice, in 1998! A lovely rink. Does Peter Dalby still teach there? If so, say "Hello from London" to him!

NickiT
05-14-2003, 04:48 PM
I'm not exactly new to these forums but haven't been here for a while so to a lot of you I guess I'm new!! I skate at the John Nike Leisuresport Complex in Bracknell, UK!!

Skatingsarah
05-14-2003, 06:55 PM
There arent too many Canadians! I train at minto In Ottawa.
-Sarah

Lanie
05-14-2003, 08:30 PM
My first post!

I skate at the Easy Street Arena in Simi Valley, CA. Little rink. It's okay. I'm tempted to go check out Pickwick (Burbank) or something..

PattyP
05-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Where is Paramount, CA? Is that anywhere near Universal City?

Not really. It's near Downey or Bellflower. Just off the 91 Fwy between the Downey and Paramount exits.

skated there twice, in 1998! A lovely rink. Does Peter Dalby still teach there? If so, say "Hello from London" to him!

I don't believe Peter still coaches there. They had a big change over of the coaching staff about a year ago, but there are a couple left from the old staff.

TreSk8sAZ
05-15-2003, 12:08 AM
I skate in the least likely place in the US... Arizona. It's a nice break from the 100+ degree heat in the summer!

jazzpants
05-15-2003, 01:19 AM
I'm skate on various blocks of ice in various rinks in the San Francisco Bay Area. ;)

Raine
05-15-2003, 07:57 AM
I skate at a number of rinks south and west of Boston, MA. :)

Happy Skating,
Raine