View Full Version : What's the hardest jump you've ever landed cleanly?

icenut84
05-08-2003, 11:04 AM
I was just curious - what's the hardest jump (note: not including combos) that you've ever landed cleanly, even if it was only once?

Alexeiskate
05-08-2003, 11:38 AM
I had maybe 4 clean 2axels in my life. The last clean one was probably 3 years ago :(

sk8er1964
05-08-2003, 12:47 PM
As a kid, the double loop was in my program. May have landed a double flip or lutz cleanly, just can't remember that far back! So the double loop/double flip is what I chose.

As an adult, the axel - although the double toe was really close (one foot, slightly underrotated) before I got hurt.

Ellyn
05-08-2003, 01:13 PM
I have definitely had clean landings on lutzes and axels many times, but whether the takeoffs were correct enough to count the jumps as clean may be debatable. So let's say rarely on the axel and maybe only flutzes at best on the lutz.

There was one day a couple years ago when I thought I was landing double salchows on backward edges that curled out an extra revolution on the ice after landing. But no witnesses, so I can't guarantee that I actually did rotate twice in the air.

StarshineXavier
05-08-2003, 02:03 PM
The highest I've landed was both 2 loop and 2 flip. I'm scared to try 2 lutzes due to the fact that my outside edge going into the lutz is REALLY deep, and sometimes I have problems with singles because the edge is so deep. I'm quite content with the highest being 2 flip.

love2sk8
05-08-2003, 04:51 PM
I've landed everything up to 3 flip, and 3sal/3loop...but combo's don't count:(:P

Lili
05-08-2003, 07:02 PM
I've landed a 2Flip ONCE. It has never happened again. I bet it likes its permanent home in Florida. :roll:

AshBugg44
05-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Lutz

becca
05-08-2003, 10:41 PM
2lutz is my highest clean jump. Until a few weeks ago this would have been misleading though cause I had a clean 2flip and 2lutz a good 3 or 4 months before I started landing any of the other double jumps cleanly.

jazzpants
05-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Flip! ONCE!!! And my coach missed it!!! (But everyone else saw it!!!) :P

These days, my coach is more encouraged with the flip jump. Before he would go work on it once in a blue moon. Now he's realizing that I'm very close to landing it consistently. :P

Mrs Redboots
05-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Phew! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can only admit to a salchow! And that was long ago - these days I'm hard put to do a 3-jump (waltz jump) or bunny hop - and my coach has introduced me to a piece of torture he calls a "sideways toe jump" that I have to do two of in my rock-n-roll routine! Horrors!

lord farquad ;)
05-09-2003, 08:58 AM
I noticed people call the three jump and the waltz jump the same jump, but I learned a different jump for both.

TashaKat
05-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by lord farquad ;)
I noticed people call the three jump and the waltz jump the same jump, but I learned a different jump for both.

In the UK we tend to call the 'waltz jump' the 'three jump' ...... both of which are the same!!! May I ask how the two jumps that you learned were different?

Ta

L x

becca
05-09-2003, 11:53 AM
I also learned the waltz jump and three jump as seperate jumps. A waltz jump was the jump from one foot to the other (base for axel) and the three jump was a hopped three turn. I think that all of us who went through the old CanSkate program in Canada will have been tought our jumps this way.

flo
05-09-2003, 02:09 PM
Double sal, and throw double.

spiderman
05-09-2003, 11:50 PM
I have landed many cheated triple salchows
and a few clean double axels

Mel On Ice
05-11-2003, 05:23 PM
I landed a clean lutz by mistake, shocked my coach, and have never been able to do it again. I was at one time landing loops when attempting half loops, then when I tried to actually THINK about landing loops, I couldn't do them.

BringontheRain
05-11-2003, 06:40 PM
double axel

Magz
05-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by becca
I also learned the waltz jump and three jump as seperate jumps. A waltz jump was the jump from one foot to the other (base for axel) and the three jump was a hopped three turn. I think that all of us who went through the old CanSkate program in Canada will have been tought our jumps this way.
yep that how i learned it