View Full Version : What time of day do you skate best?

Mrs Redboots
05-08-2003, 09:25 AM
I get very tired in the evenings, and know that I skate far better, and work harder, if my lesson and practice are scheduled for a morning session. But I know other people find the exact opposite, so I thought that, just for fun, I'd post a poll about it!

tidesong
05-08-2003, 09:46 AM
hmm i've never really noticed any difference. I usually have lessons in the mornings in the holidays and at afternoon/night during school days to avoid the crowds and i haven't noticed much difference in my skating in the different times of the day.

well of course if i had skated the whole morning, then skating the same night would be a different story, the last time i tried that i twisted my ankle so well...

Raine
05-08-2003, 06:06 PM
My favorite time to skate is somewhere between 10am and 1pm. By late morning, I still feel fresh, but have been up and around for a few hours and I start to feel more flexible.

But unfortunately, I rarely get to skate at that hour. Most of my sessions this past season started at 7am. As a middle-aged stiff skater, 7am is not ideal, let me tell you. ;)

Happy Skating,
Raine

Michigansk8er
05-09-2003, 06:17 AM
I'm skating at 3:00 this season. It's great..............especially compared to the 6:00am lessons I endured for a few years. Believe me, trying to skate a program at 6:00am with this old body is not pretty. My reaction time at that time of the morning is dangerous. I'm afraid I'll be back at it this summer, however. Sigh...............

Elsy2
05-09-2003, 07:25 AM
I prefer around lunchtime up until about 3 p.m. I have a real "downtime" period after 3, where I'm just not with it and often need a "siesta"......

The one time I had to compete at 8 a.m. was my worst too. Knees wouldn't bend, legs were shakey, and I was slooooowwww.......

NickiT
05-14-2003, 04:57 PM
I usually skate in the morning and skate better than I do when I go later on in the day!

blondeangl
05-14-2003, 05:16 PM
i voted "Anytime, just as long as im on the ice!" because i dont skate that often (clinic - basic skills - and private lessons once a week) so thats 2 days a week i skate ... for the next 2 months its at night ... and that works but for the past 4 months or so it was after school and late sunday mornings and that worked too so i really dont care :D

jazzpants
05-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Night/evenings and Lunchtime is definitely a close second.

Mornings??? http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/kao/otn/pmoonsleep.gif