View Full Version : How does the new judging system work for Synchro.?

FSWer
05-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Say,does anyone know how the new judging system works for Synchronized Skating? Or are there any Synchro. Skaters out there that might know? Thanks.

blue111moon
05-06-2003, 09:35 AM
It doesn't. That's one of the many problems with it.

FSWer
05-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Is the rest of the Skating Wprld award of this?

Rae
05-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Is the rest of the world aware of this? I don't think so.
I'm very prepared to give the CoP a good go, support thorough testing etc. My big problem is that I don't want to see it implemeted with so many unknowns and your question about synchro goes to the heart of the unfinished business of this new system.
It's well known just how big and supported synchro is. Thousands of skaters world wide are participating. The standard is unbelievable and even though there's no Michelle Kwans there, synchro's ability to fill practise sessions, keep skaters skating in an enjoyable and should they wish, competitive environment should be known and recognised by now.

The membership of many samll clubs is loaded with synchro skaters - why are they being left behind?

luna_skater
05-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Well, they're going to have to do something about it. The ISU is apparently quite happy with the way things have been going on the International synchro scene, which means things are looking good for synchro getting into the Olympics.