View Full Version : Bracknell Adult Open 2003 26/27th June

batikat
05-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Just to let any UK skaters know that the final schedule and entry forms for the Bracknell Adult Opens are now available.
I can send these to you direct if you PM me with your email address.

It is an Adults Only Competition but the age range has been extended this year to include skaters from 18 years old (previously 21 I think) and several new classes added.

It's a great competition with a friendly supportive atmosphere so even if you have never competed before you should try this!!! There are classes for Freeskating, singles and pairs and dance, solo and couples as well as artistics and show numbers.

Come and have fun!

icenut84
05-04-2003, 11:28 AM
I would if I could! But I don't have a coach, don't have a programme, and will be in the middle of exams. :cry: One day...

batikat
05-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by icenut84
I would if I could! But I don't have a coach, don't have a programme, and will be in the middle of exams. :cry: One day...

Then get yourself a coach and a programme and get down here....!

OK I admit the exams thing is more difficult - aren't most of them over by then - what level are you taking or are you in college?

I think many in the 18-21 age group will have the same problem. Perhaps we can look at moving it back slightly next year but it has traditionally been held the last week of June. It is a pain for me as it is the same week as my college exhibition (and I still have 3 pieces of design/embroidery/textiles to complete) whcih I am supposed to steward at. It is also Ascot races week so getting in and out of my road is not so easy and my mum likes to come up that week for the National Quilting Exhibition held not far away. It is also the same week as the National Team Challenge (team skating for kids) final.

Complete nightmare week. At least the British Adult Championships is not scheduled for the following week this year. Phew!

Do hope you can join us next year.

icenut84
05-05-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by batikat
Then get yourself a coach and a programme and get down here....!

OK I admit the exams thing is more difficult - aren't most of them over by then - what level are you taking or are you in college?

If it's in the last week of June, they might well be over, yes. Another slight problem though - I've never tested, so I have no idea what level I am, or what category I'd be in! lol. Just out of interest, what are the different skill levels in the competitions, and what kind of things do they do?

twinkle
05-05-2003, 09:41 AM
If you've never tested, you would be in the beginner/under level 1 category. I don't know how different the young adult category would be, but for children, they would normally be doing single jumps, upright spin and one of camel or sit, probably one or two spirals and maybe a short (not full length) step sequence with easy turns in it.

The programme would be 1 min 30s long.

@ Batikat, is the free schedule out as well or is it only the dance so far?

batikat
05-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by twinkle

@ Batikat, is the free schedule out as well or is it only the dance so far?

Twinkle - if you PM me with your email address I will send you the schedule as soon as it is out. Did you get a copy of the advance notice?
I can send you that now - though it is up on the club notice board at the rink too.

Icenut84
Twinkle's correct - you'd be under level 1 in the 18-24 age group.
If I was doing it - I don't have a Free programme and don't have time to do one in addition to compulsory dance, Free dance and OD which I have only just started -I would have in it a 3 jump, salchow, toeloop - possibly a combination jump too; an upright spin and possibly a sit spin with some spirals and footwork (step sequence).

If you dont' have time to do a programme but your exams will be over you could always enter the Improvisation class (think this will be all ages together). This needs no preparation as you get to listen to the music for 15 mins on the day and then go and skate a programe you make up. For under level 1 you must include an upright spin, an original spin (i.e. could be an upright with an interesting arm position) and one of 3 jump. salchow or toe-loop. Those are required but the rest you can make up from footwork , spirals etc. The music will be 1 min 40 secs.

Free skating and artistic classes are on the Thursday and dance classes on Friday.

Mrs Redboots
05-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Batikat, I've had the dance schedule now, but not yet the free skating one.

And I have bought a skirt to do my Original Dance in, and cut the music, but I'm having a fearful time choreographing it. Why, oh why, did I let you and Sue talk me into doing it??? :?:

batikat
05-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots

And I have bought a skirt to do my Original Dance in, and cut the music, but I'm having a fearful time choreographing it. Why, oh why, did I let you and Sue talk me into doing it??? :?:

Because you will enjoy doing it!!!! Now who else can we persuade??

I will check with Sue if the Free schedule has been signed off by the ref. Next year it WILL be out a lot earlier - promise!

NickiT
05-14-2003, 05:09 PM
I'll be there!!!! But you already knew that, didn't you Batikat:P?!!!!

Nicki

batikat
05-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by NickiT
I'll be there!!!! But you already knew that, didn't you Batikat:P?!!!!

yes - and this time hopefully you will get some photos!!!
'B'

NickiT
05-15-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by batikat
yes - and this time hopefully you will get some photos!!!
'B'

Yep I'm hoping so too:P !!!

Nicki