View Full Version : Samba, Rhumba, Salsa...type music

sk8ing is lyfe
05-02-2003, 09:55 PM
i am looking for a program with this style of music... can you help????
I am getting desperate!!!!!!!

Thanks

Elsy2
05-02-2003, 10:30 PM
A few years ago I cut a program using "Salsation" from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. You might like it. I cut it with a selection from the soundtrack from the movie "Don Juan De Marco" for the slow part, but I can't recall what that track was called that I used. Good Luck!

skaternum
05-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Try going to one of the ballroom dancing sites on the web (google them). They usually have links where you can purchase CDs of music, some that are just Latin rhythms. That will give you lots to choose from.

IrishDancer
05-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Never mind, the site I gave seem to no longer exist (nooooo!)

Impromptu
05-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Go to a music store that has a Latin music section and look for CDs by the bands: Rhumba Club, Cuba LA, Cubanismo, or Los Hombres Calientes.

Also check out the International section for a record company called "Putumayo World Music" which puts out sampler collection CDs. The've got one called "Cuba" another called "Samba Bossa Nova" "Festa Brasil" all of which have musics in the rhythms you are looking for.

Another idea would be to check out the soundtracks from"For Love or For Country" or "Tortilla Soup"...

If you have a Barnes & Noble in your town that has a music store with the "red dot" system, you'll be able to listen to clips of the CD before buying it, to see if its got what you're looking for. I think some Borders music stores do this too.

sk8ing is lyfe
05-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Thank you so much!