View Full Version : What is your next competition?

gardana
04-29-2003, 04:00 PM
It can be either club or a major one.

I don't have any, because I don't skate competively. But I really like recreational skating and reading this board. 8-) 8-)

Mel On Ice
04-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Grand Rapids Open, June 26-29. I'm skating artistic and adult bronze. Haven't been able to practice seriously since March 11, so I'm pretty sure I'm sucking in the cellar.

But I get to start jumping this Saturday!

skaternum
04-29-2003, 04:57 PM
My club's annual comp in May. Very few adults usually.

singerskates
04-29-2003, 05:10 PM
I was going to compete at the Ann Arbor Spring Skate and even got Skate Canada to sanction it thinking I would have the money to go and would be healthy. But money got tight at registration time and now, I'm having trouble with both my right Achilles tendon and calf which is my landing leg. So now I won't be entering any competitions until at least the fall.

This year, I only managed to compete in 2 competitions because I had to cancel entering Ann Arbor and because anything earlier than March was impossible because of the ovarian cyst surgery I had in October which rendered me with no abs until the end of Feburary.

I competed at the North American Adult Invitation and was last in the FS=4th ( Had no power) and last in the adult interpretive=8th (wrong kind of program and not a costume they were looking for). And I competed at the Skate Canada COS Adult Spring Skate where I placed 2nd in the FS and 3rd in the bronze interpertive earning a Silver and Bronze medal. It was my first year doing interpretive so it was a learning experience.

becca
04-29-2003, 05:27 PM
My next competition will probably be Lake Placid (freeskate comp) but I haven't confirmed it yet. As it stands right now, our entire club is going (pre-preliminary through senior).

So far this year, I have competed at Hamilton Invitational (1st), Swowflake Skate (4th), Metro West Area Interclubs (9th), Oshawa Invitiational (9th), EOS Spring Ivitiational (13th) and COS Adult Spring Skate (1st). Although the results don't indicate it, every single skate was an impovement on the prevous ones.

Mel1977
04-29-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm going to State Games of America in Hartford, CT in August. Anyone else going? I'm hoping that I have at least a few other people in my group. I'm doing adult pre-juv compulsory, silver spotlight, and silver footwork. There is a separate adult age group, but theydon't use the standard adult levels. I'm skipping freeskate. I'd have to do juvenile because that's what I qualified in, and I am not ready for that!

Terri C
04-29-2003, 06:23 PM
My next competition is the Dogwood Open in Raleigh, NC at the end of May!

BringontheRain
04-29-2003, 06:29 PM
LP Open!!! Woohoo!!! I can not wait.

sk8er1964
04-29-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm doing the Ann Arbor Spring Invitational (Adult Gold) in a few weeks, then nothing until the fall, at least. Maybe until February. We are going to work on the Intermediate MIF's and getting the hang of double sals and double toes over the summer.

flying~camel
04-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Grand Rapids Open - June 26-28. I'm skating in Pre-Prelim FS and Comp. (I can't wait til next year when I can compete as an adult!)

Mel On Ice
04-29-2003, 09:36 PM
1964 - I'm flying in to spend some time with my mom (lives in Jackson) and see Denise skate, so I can say hello and introduce myself.

Flying camel - I'll be sure to see you in GR! Look my my ad in the program...

vesperholly
04-29-2003, 10:51 PM
My club's competition on Sunday where I am competing in Pre-Gold (!!) dance, the Kilian. It was that or Silver: the Tango, which I HATE.

Jocelyn

sk8pics
04-30-2003, 06:51 AM
Skate Wilmington at the end of July. Hopefully skating bronze free skate (skating up a level) and pre-bronze/bronze compulsory moves. It will be my first competition, unless I chicken out!

Pat

Stormy
04-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Atlanta Open, competing in Silver Free, Moves, Junps & Spins. I hope they'll allow me to compete Adult since I don't turn 25 till August. Last year the cheif referee said no, even though they allowed it the previous 2 years before that! :)

Michigansk8er
04-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Mel,

I hope I can get over to see you and Denise compete. Maybe we need to have a Michiganders on Ice reunion while you are here!!!!!

I haven't competed in a year now :cry: My plan for the coming year is Buckeye (if they have it again), Wyandotte and AN 2004. I've decided to only do age group comps from here on out.

LoopLoop
04-30-2003, 08:02 AM
Chesapeake Open, June 26-29. Skating silver freestyle.

sk8er1964
04-30-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Mel On Ice
1964 - I'm flying in to spend some time with my mom (lives in Jackson) and see Denise skate, so I can say hello and introduce myself.

Great! I would assume they will hold all of the adults events at the same time.

Mrs Redboots
04-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Just finished the Streatham Open Festival (whose last day was today); next competition is Solihull Adult Dance, 11 May; then the Mountain Cup, 30 May-1 June; then the World Ice Challenge, 21-22 June and finally (phew!) Bracknell Adult Open on 26-27 June.

Black Sheep
04-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Rockford Open, June 26-29-with a new Adult Gold FS program for the 2003-4 season! 8-)

gardana
04-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Wow it seems like we have a lot of skaters from the midwest area! I'm from DuPage myself.

flying~camel
04-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by gardana
Wow it seems like we have a lot of skaters from the midwest area! I'm from DuPage myself.

I USED to skate for DuPage when I was younger, then switched to IWSA FSC, and now I'm skating for Greater Grand Rapids.

Mel On Ice
04-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Leslie - that would be great! I did three modified runthroughs of my two programs today without jumps or spins and everything fell right into place. We'll see once I can really skate it with music and without having to avoid fairy princesses on the ice practicing for the spring show!

1964, I will look for you.

Michigansk8er
05-01-2003, 06:37 AM
Way to go Mel!!!!! :D You'll do great. We will definitely try to get together. If we can't skate we'll eat!!!! :D

sk8clean
05-01-2003, 01:29 PM
I just skated last weekend in my first competition and got two 1st place!But it was just against the book and an ISI competition. I am going to wait until next year to compete in a USFSA competition because I don't turn 25 until the end of June and I don't want to compete until I am an adult. There is a competition in Troy, OH in July and I miss the cut off date by 13 days to skate as an adult:(

Mrs Redboots
05-02-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by sk8clean
I just skated last weekend in my first competition and got two 1st place!But it was just against the book and an ISI competition. I am going to wait until next year to compete in a USFSA competition because I don't turn 25 until the end of June and I don't want to compete until I am an adult. There is a competition in Troy, OH in July and I miss the cut off date by 13 days to skate as an adult:( All the same, congratulations - they don't award first places, even if you are skating "against the book", unless you skate well to standard for your class. So congratulations!

As for skating as an adult - how infuriating for you to miss the cut-off. Are there no "Young Adult" classes at the Troy competition for you, or only for what we are beginning to call "Transitional" skaters - those who have reached the age of 18 or so, and are probably as good as they're going to get, but want to go on skating anyway!

jenlyon60
05-02-2003, 05:58 AM
Washington FSC Pro-Am ... in June

hopefully Peach Classic on Labor Day weekend

hopefully Garden State Dance Pro-Am if it's held. (early November)

mskater
05-02-2003, 08:53 AM
I hoping to do Peach Classic as well...

AshBugg44
05-02-2003, 01:05 PM
I'm competing tomorrow at the Portland Classic put on by the Clackamas Ice Arena but at my rink since Clackamas closed.