View Full Version : Looking for Rock'n' Roll music

batikat
04-29-2003, 07:54 AM
I need some Rock'n' Roll music to skate a solo OD to. The piece I wanted, by Stray Cats, I only have on LP and I don' t have a record player any more. Has anyone any bright ideas for good music to skate to?

Mrs Redboots
04-29-2003, 08:22 AM
I am seriously not going to have time to organise a solo OD myself, I'm afraid, but if I were, it would probably be to something by Buddy Holly - that Persil ad one, probably (oh, you know what I mean, what do they call it? Ev'ry Day/things are getting brighter/Persil Automatic washes whiter.... but I can't remember the real words.

Or "It's raining in my heart", or "Peggy Sue"... Or anything, really.

If you've time to come up to Town, we could sort through it together and I could maybe cut you something? PM or Email me and let me know.

garyc254
04-29-2003, 08:34 AM
batikat, there are a couple of options if you want to use the Stray Cats song.

Do you have a CD burner on your computer? If so, someone could copy the song into an mp3 file and email it to you.

Or, if you have time, someone could burn the song on a CD and snail mail it to you.

What song is it? I've only got one Stray Cats CD.

dbny
04-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by batikat
I need some Rock'n' Roll music to skate a solo OD to. The piece I wanted, by Stray Cats, I only have on LP and I don' t have a record player any more. Has anyone any bright ideas for good music to skate to?

Have you checked KazaaLite yet? If you can't, tell us what song you are looking for and I can check for you and email it to you if I find it.
I just did a search on artist "Stray Cats" and found 228 files, so the chances are pretty good the one you want is there.

batikat
04-29-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone. The Stray Cat track I was thinking of was The Stray Cat Strut (think it was the slowest one but they were all pretty fast).
I can burn CD's myself so if anyone has an MP3 file (Gary is that one on your CD?) they could send me, that would be great. I'm sure there were others on that album (Stray Cats by Stray Cats!); Rock This Town , Rumble in Brighton, Ubangi Stomp; that might work but may be too fast.

DBNY - I've never heard of Kazaalite but I have tried to join various MP3 download sites but they either don't have it or I can't join as it always asks for a Zip Code and won't accept a British postcode (despite having a long list of countries you can supposedly join from!).
if you find it and could mail it, that would be fantastic. Or even if you found they had it so it would be worth me trying to join.

Of course when I hear it again I may realise it is not as suitable as I thought but it's years since I heard it! But I do remember having a great time at their concert when they played at my college!!!!

Thanks again everyone.

edited to add: Annabel I have sent you a separate email!

dbny
04-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Batikat, I'm downloading several versions as I type. PM me your email address and I'll send them over. Meanwhile, Kazaa Lite accepts donations in Euros, so I hope you will be able to use it: Kazaa Lite (http://doa2.host.sk/)

manleywoman
04-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Try the "Rush" movie soundtrack by Eric Clapton. Lots of instrumentals.

wannask8
05-01-2003, 08:47 PM
FYI, for those who use Macs and iTunes, you can now download songs through www.apple.com for 99 cents per song. They have a pretty decent selection.

-- wannask8