View Full Version : Next Year's Sectionals

sk8er1964
04-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know who is hosting next year's Midwest Sectionals? I need to know if I have to save for airfare or can get away with driving. Thanks!

Edited to put the word "Adult" into the title. Oops. :oops:

Michigansk8er
04-28-2003, 05:52 PM
It doesn't look like USFSA has a clue. I can't find anything mentioned in the Governing Council info. The only one listed so far on the events page is Pacific Coast. Has anyone heard? I wonder if no one bid for it?

sonora
04-28-2003, 06:13 PM
I think it's supposed to be in Dallas, Lone Star FSC. Try to find their website, maybe, to confirm.

sonora
04-28-2003, 06:21 PM
http://www.lsfsc.org/

This is the link. I had trouble getting it to work, but eventually got through. The club site says they did get the bid for this year's Mids.

Michigansk8er
04-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the info.

Michigansk8er
04-28-2003, 06:51 PM
I found the info about regular mids, but not adult mids. Am I overlooking it?

sonora
04-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Oops! I didn't realize you meant adult mids.

My bad.

Let me see what I can find out.

Black Sheep
04-28-2003, 07:00 PM
I wish Adult Mids. would come to the Chicago area. ;)

Michigansk8er
04-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Maybe it's still up for grabs????

Stormy
04-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Any idea yet on who has next years Adult Easterns?

sk8er1964
04-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
I wish Adult Mids. would come to the Chicago area. ;)

Works for me!!! As close as Detroit is to Chicago, I've never been there - and have wanted to visit. Besides, it's only a 4 hour drive or so!

When there was the confusion with that other Midwesterns :) and I heard it might be in Dallas, my heart stopped! That's a 2 day drive. I heard maybe Kansas City, but I have no idea where I heard that - probably isn't correct.

The only thing I heard about Easterns was a rumor about it being in Florida which I have also heard since isn't true.

vesperholly
04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Yes, I heard that it was in Florida too - more specifically, Tampa, but I have also heard from a member of a Tampa-area club that says it's not true. Perhaps they considered a bid at one time and withdrew.

Jocelyn

Black Sheep
04-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by sk8er1964
I heard maybe Kansas City, but I have no idea where I heard that - probably isn't correct.

I hope not KC because:

1. It's about a 9-hour drive from Chicago.
2. It would be held in conjunction with their Heart of America competition, which we adults would have to share with the kiddies. I wouldn't mind if I was skating a non-qualifying event, but for qualifying, the kids and their parents tend to get in the way (not intentionally, but still, it makes me edgy).

climbsk8
05-01-2003, 08:34 AM
I emailed Antonio Conte yesterday, who is the USFSA vice chair for the eastern section...

By the way, if you've never tried contacting the USFSA folks before when you have questions, I HIGHLY recommend it...they are very prompt and very helpful, as a rule....

Anyway, Mr. Conte says that currently no one has bid on the Eastern sectionals competition yet, and if any club wants to do so, then by all means contact him...

So, for all of you folks in the Mid and Eastern sections, who don't want to fly to a competition (believe me, I don't either!) ask your home club about hosting a competition. You get the home-rink advantage, and you get to roll out of your own bed in the morning and go compete!

Our comp happens too late to work...but what about DC or Atlanta or Philly and I would LOVE to go to Florida in the middle of winter! (Hint to all of you FL skaters out there...)