View Full Version : Mountain Cup

Black Sheep
04-26-2003, 10:50 AM
I saw the sked. posted on the AAFSC website. Anyone here going?? 8-)

I'm too poor to go to France myself, but I wonder if anyone I know from my group (Gold Ladies I and/or Masters Ladies Interp. I) is going.... 8-)

PattyP
04-26-2003, 11:18 AM
I would love to do this comp someday myself, but I'm in the "too poor" category too. I would need to skip AN to go and I don't think I could give up AN. Maybe if I start saving vacation time and money now, I could do both in 2004! I have talked to quite a few people who have gone and they had a great time, definately worth it if you can do it.

PattyP

skaternum
04-26-2003, 04:55 PM
I can't make it this year, but I'm planning on going next year. Everyone who goes just raves about it!

CanAmSk8ter
04-26-2003, 05:03 PM
I would love to go some year. Maybe even next year, who knows. I looked into going two years ago and the cheapest airfare I found was over $800. Just out of curiosity, I checked online the other night, and without even trying alternate flights, airports, or dates, I was quoted $550 out of JFK. Now I wish I had planned to go this year! Oh well, I could probably use one more year of French at school before I actually try to use it, LOL.

Mrs Redboots
04-27-2003, 07:52 AM
I'm going - I've been every year so far. Competing in Ladies Interpretive III and Pre-Bronze couples dance with my husband, who is also competing in pre-Bronze solo dance.

Wish some of you were coming! I know I have good friends who will be there, of course, but equally, some much-loved regulars won't be there this year.

sk8er1964
04-27-2003, 09:52 PM
OK, my dream is to go......being fiscally challenged, however, this year is not the year :cry:

Michigansk8er
04-28-2003, 05:46 PM
I'd love to go too. Maybe if I start saving now I can go by the time I reach Class IV.

tidesong
04-29-2003, 09:27 AM
hey mrs redboots i think there are two singaporeans going this year! look out for them! i think one of them is a very lyrical skater :P :)

Mrs Redboots
04-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by tidesong
hey mrs redboots i think there are two singaporeans going this year! look out for them! i think one of them is a very lyrical skater :P :) Well, one of them is a very dear friend - she has been to stay with me. Is the other her sister or her dance partner?

tidesong
04-30-2003, 01:26 AM
oh i know who is that. the other is a fellow skater... she SHOULD be going unless things changed since i've been off the ice for sometime !!! cool i can tell her i know mrs redboots too... does she know this nick of yours? :P

Mrs Redboots
04-30-2003, 11:21 AM
No, I don't think she does; use my first name - she'll know that. I gather she and her dance partner are coming this year, but not her sister.

I have one more competition between now and the Mountain Cup, and I am just so looking forward to it!