View Full Version : FOR SALE: Ina Bauer and Spreadeagle

Vicki
06-20-2002, 02:04 AM
Since I'm not skating these days, I might as well sell them to someone who can enjoy and get some use out of them. Feel free to contact me at the ballet studio, a place where an adult doesn't get riduculed or made to feel out of place.

Anita18
06-20-2002, 03:06 AM
Ooooh! I want! :D

kayskate
06-20-2002, 05:52 AM
Vicki,
I'm sorry you are not skating. I have had some unpleasant experiences at rinks too. So far, it hasn't stopped me. I hope you will go back to skating some time. Any adult who has a nice bauer and eagle should never be ridiculed. Those are coveted moves.

Kay

flippet
06-20-2002, 08:24 AM
[quote:9e53c6988d="Vicki"]a place where an adult doesn't get riduculed or made to feel out of place.[/quote:9e53c6988d]

Where on earth do (did) you skate? I know sometimes adults aren't welcomed with arms *quite* as open as for the kids (and gullible parents who will shell out hundreds of unnecessary bucks because they don't know any better), but I haven't been to a place yet where adult skaters are [b:9e53c6988d]riduculed[/b:9e53c6988d]. (Well, except by the hockey players, but that's a given anytime you're dealing with asinine males who've taken a few too many hits to the head. :roll: ) I'm sorry you seem to have had such a poor experience, especially if you stuck it out long enough to acquire those advanced skills.

The way I've always felt about it (and adults certainly weren't exactly kissed up to at my rink either), I was going to skate for ME, because I wanted to skate....everyone else could kiss my bum. It's terribly exhilarating! :D Besides, adult skating is growing by leaps and bounds.....we're not going away, and they're realizing it, thus atmospheres are improving every day.

Lee
06-20-2002, 09:18 AM
Vicki...I'm stunned! When did you stop skating? What happened?

melanieuk
06-20-2002, 09:27 AM
I was going to buy your spread eagle and Ina Bauer, as I really wanted them, but not if it's because you're quitting skating for those reasons. :cry:
That's so unfair!

Get it off your chest. Tell the people here about it.
Maybe we can help. :?:

Yazmeen
06-20-2002, 01:48 PM
Vicki: What in the world happened? Don't give up!! Talk to us.

Hugs,

Beth :?

Mariposa
06-20-2002, 02:00 PM
Vicki!

Don't you give up! Don't let them get you down! You deserve to be there as much as they do.

Schmeck
06-20-2002, 02:16 PM
I've been blessed by a very supportive skating community, but I have heard of rinks where the adults are getting squeezed out by coaches who don't want to 'waste time' with them. :(

Vicki, hope you can find a solution to whatever the situtation is, and if there's a way for us to help (an email campaign comes to mind) let us know!

Schmeck

Anita18
06-20-2002, 02:32 PM
I was going through the message quickly and I didn't read the whole thing....now I feel bad! :cry: Here, I'll remove my offer and try to get them myself! Talk to us! Adult skaters have every right to skate if we love it too! (Personally I like watching adult skaters more than the little kids!) We're here for you!