View Full Version : Senior Silver Elements

Figuresk8_katie
07-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone!

This summer has been a successful one in terms of passing a bunch of important tests. I got my silver and gold interpretives, viennese, and silver samba. My next test day will be on August 12th and I'm pretty sure my coach will have me test a dance. I would like to test something else as well since I have a lot of time to practice leading up to the test. However, I'm not nearly ready to test my Gold skills. That leaves either my Junior Silver Freeskate or Senior Silver Elements. I would LOVE to test my Senior Silver Elements, yet, IMO they're the most difficult of the freeskate tests. I have hardly worked on any of the required elements (starred elements mean I need HELP!!!):

Axel
Double Toe
Two of: Double loop*, double flip, double lutz
Camel change camel (5 rotations minimum)*
Flying Camel Back-sit*
Combo spin (3 positions)
Plus stroking, footwork, and field moves

If I decide to test my Sr. Silver elements, does anyone have any suggestions or tips on, most importantly, the spins???

HELP!!! Thanks all!!

-Katie

stardust skies
07-31-2005, 03:44 PM
I think that, especially so close to the test, the best thing you can do is ask your coach to help out. What I'm wondering though, is how can you still be deciding what you'll be testing so close to the test date? Don't you have to sign up for it ahead of time? Just curious, cause in my experience everytime I've wanted to test I've had to wait at least 3 weeks because that's the deadline to sign up for a test.

Figuresk8_katie
07-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Well since it's a summer test day there isn't as much demand for judges so the club has a 2 week window in which to get the proposed tests in. I think my coach has probably already put me in for test day but she probably hasn't finalized anything yet. I didn't skate last week so she's probably waiting to double check with me to see if I'm comfortable with what she's decided.

Anyway, I agree, test day is getting rather close to be deciding. But on the other hand, my last test day was July 22!! So I had been working on all the stuff for that test day up until that date. As of this Tuesday, I'll begin working on stuff for this upcoming test day.

Oh! On my first post I hadn't mentioned the other jump criteria - Combo with 2 doubles and a sequence with 2 doubles.

I'd still appreciate tips on those spins!! :) (flying camel back-sit and camel change camel)

Thanks!!!
-Katie

Figuresk8_katie
08-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey

Good news! I'm only testing my Gold Dance. My coach says we'll work on all my Senior Silver Elements for the upcoming October test day...WHEW!

Thanks for your help!

-Katie