View Full Version : Adult Moves -- Does Anyone Know...

icedancer2
07-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Does anyone know what year they implemented the Adult Moves as part of the test structure and when it became a requirement that you pass the appropriate Adult Moves test before you could take the accompanying Adult FS test?

I ask this because I spoke with an adult skater the other day who told me that she had passed Adult Pre-Bronze and Adult Bronze but had never taken any of the MITF tests. I was all over her, saying things like: "I don't know how you could get away with that, the MITF tests are required" and blah-blah-blah. She didn't know what I was talking about, and I was being a regular Hitlarina --

Anyway, after I finished jumping down her throat I realized that maybe she had taken the FS before the MITF tests were a requirement for said tests... :oops:

So does anyone know or remember?

Thanks.

jenlyon60
07-30-2005, 08:22 PM
September 2002 was when the MIF became a requirement for Adults prior to testing Freestyle.

icedancer2
07-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Thank you -- she must have taken her tests before then.

Now, the second question is (and this goes back to the crossing-over question) -- what happens now? If she wants to take Silver FS, does she have to take Silver Moves first, go does she have to go back and take Pre-Bronze MITF?

jazzpants
07-31-2005, 01:13 AM
Thank you -- she must have taken her tests before then.

Now, the second question is (and this goes back to the crossing-over question) -- what happens now? If she wants to take Silver FS, does she have to take Silver Moves first, go does she have to go back and take Pre-Bronze MITF?She only has to pass Silver MITF in order to take Silver FS. She does NOT have to go back to take from pre-Bronze MITF on... Of course, the Silver MITF test is no cakewalk either! I have a fellow skater who was in that exact situation as your friend and it took a while 'til she was able to take the Silver Moves test and pass.