View Full Version : Guess who started working on her axel last night!

dani
04-18-2003, 05:26 AM
Hi everyone!

I have been pretty quiet lately. It is a tumultuous time for me, I have quit my job and am trying something entirely new. I am not sure where everything will go. I skated my first AN and did well but that is now over.

So, last night during my first freestyle lesson since I have been back, we spent 10 minutes working on an axel! I was able to try the harness for the first time ever! I am doing a bell jump (or something like that?) where I land on my right toe pick. My coach thinks I did well for my first lesson trying that. She of course suggested I "just go for it" which I must admit was downright scary!

Oh well, I just had to share with my friends here!

Hugs!!
Danielle

ps) I wish I had met more of you at AN! I only met Taz!

garyc254
04-18-2003, 08:31 AM
WAY TO GO, DANI!!!!! :D :D :D

Something new to put in your programs!!!!

Remember: Stay vertical! ;)

Gary

sk8er1964
04-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Way to go, Dani!!!

Axels are a really fun jump once you get used to them. How was the harness?

You will get to meet more of us at Lake Placid, I'm sure. We should arrange something in advance next year, like meeting in a restaurant for lunch each day or something.

tidesong
04-18-2003, 12:40 PM
all the best on it!!! just don't push yourself too far, like if you've skated four-five hours that day already... stop trying them... dun be like me... ( I still feel stupid... seems so obvious when I'm writing it out...)

Black Sheep
04-20-2003, 05:50 PM
Try to put a quick snap in your takeoff knee, instead of just "walking up a stair". This, I find, puts a faster spin in your rotation, so your landing is less likely to be cheated. 8-)

96.23??
04-20-2003, 05:51 PM
hi
axels are an amzing jump once you go for it, if you hold back your likely not going to land it. it took me forever to get it! i had bruises for weeks! but i also dont use hip pads or anything. omg i hate hate hate the harness it messes me up soo bad!!! i will have my jumps b4 i go into the harness for a lesson and when i come out i have nothing.

fort_henry_roxs
04-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Congrats Dani!!!!
:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :lol: :bow: :yum: :P ;)