View Full Version : Skating when hell freezes over...

luv2jump
04-11-2003, 02:38 PM
I was at an ice show in Charlotte, NC last weekend and got the funniest t-shirt! It says "Skating is heaven on Earth..." on the front and "...when Hell freezes over, I'll skate there too!" on the back. It has this cute little devil wearing skates. You can apparently buy them on ebay too (search on "ice skating"). It's the funniest thing I've ever seen - and totally fits with my skating obsession! What a great idea.:lol:

skaternum
04-11-2003, 05:06 PM
I've seen some cute skating related shirts too. One of my favorites:

My coach can beat up your coach!

And another favorite, which has been mentioned here before:

If more mothers skated, there'd be fewer skating mothers!

:D

Clarice
04-12-2003, 06:12 PM
One my coach made up, after we'd gotten one too many dirty looks from our local "ice princess":

When your jumps are as big as your ego, THEN I'll get out of your way!

(Needless to say, we'll never really print it up!) ;)

luna_skater
04-12-2003, 06:31 PM
My favourite, that my synchro team had made up for Nationals one year:

"Precision skaters like it in groups!"

skaternum
04-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Clarice

(Needless to say, we'll never really print it up!) ;)

Hmmm. I think it might be worth a few minutes with Photoshop and a scanner!! I just may do it!

Black Sheep
04-13-2003, 03:27 PM
At AN someone was wearing a sweatshirt that said, "If there's no skating in Heaven, I'm not going!" Of course, I can't understand why there wouldn't be skating there.....

yuffie
04-13-2003, 07:11 PM
I like the shirt my coach has. It has all these skater excuses on it, it is so funny.

thumbyskates
04-13-2003, 11:10 PM
There's always a local designer at local competitions and he has cool sayings for some shirts.

"Sugar & Spice, But Not On The Ice"
"I've been training mine off to kick yours"
"If figure skating was any easier, it'd be called hockey"
"Canadian Skaters Kick Butt"

There's others. I can't remember the rest ;)

Kortney

Mrs Redboots
04-14-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by yuffie
I like the shirt my coach has. It has all these skater excuses on it, it is so funny. I've seen that one, it's brilliant.

The other one that was quite popular some years ago was designed and sold by the skaters-l mailing list, and called "The Portable Coach". It had all the usual things coaches say: "Bend your knees/head up/" and so on and so forth, and was printed upside down, the theory being that the skater could look at it......

I missed out on that as I joined that particular mailing list just too late to participate in the order, but I did knit myself a warm-up cardigan with similar remarks on the back. However, after comments like, "Well, why put those where you can't see them?" and "Well, why aren't you doing it, if you know?", I rather gave up wearing it!

kayskate
04-14-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Clarice
One my coach made up, after we'd gotten one too many dirty looks from our local "ice princess":

This is brilliant! I think you would sell thousands of these. Sounds like it might give the little snot a much needed reality check. Print them up and sell them! I want one.

Kay

Figureskates
04-14-2003, 03:09 PM
My favorite...

Figure skaters do it with their toepicks