View Full Version : Equivalency Question...

mskater
04-11-2003, 09:22 AM
If one has taken the intermediate moves/free, and are at least 25 y/o; they are eligible for the Masters events at AN? This is my understanding but I'm not certain...someone at my rink yesterday said she thought I'd have to take all of the new Adult moves tests so I'm confused.

Thanks!

vesperholly
04-11-2003, 09:55 AM
You are eligible for Masters.

Jocelyn

MidwestSkater
04-11-2003, 09:57 AM
If you have passed the Intermediate MIF and FS test, then you can skate at Adult Nationals in the Masters Novice freeskate and/or Masters Interpretive events.

Also, if you passed the Intermediate FS years ago (before MIF) were around, you could still compete in the the Masters Novice freeskate and/or Masters Interpretive events.

You must be 25 or older to compete at AN.

mskater
04-11-2003, 10:03 AM
...Great, thanks for the clarity; am I also eligible for the Championship event? The only difference in Championship is that it's a qualifying event correct?

Debbie S
04-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Here's another question: what's the difference between Gold and Championship Gold? I know Gold is supposed to be equivalent to Juvenile - does that mean that if you passed Juv FS, you skate Champ Gold, and if you do the standard adult track and pass Gold, you skate at Gold level? I did notice that some skaters competed in both Champ and reg Gold - does that mean you get a choice? Is there a difference in the level of skating?

mskater
04-11-2003, 11:07 AM
This is just conjecture on my part; but I think the difference is that Championship Gold might be a qualifying event at Sectionals and Gold is an event that may be entered at AN by any skater. I'm not really clear on this either so hopefully somebody can help us out:]

vesperholly
04-11-2003, 11:39 AM
That is correct - the difference between Championship and "regular" is that you have to qualify for Championship through Sectionals. You have to pass your Gold FS to enter Championship Gold, and Intermediate FS to enter Championship Masters.

Adults may test under the standard track, but they will only be able to compete in USFSA events once they pass Intermediate FS. AN currently has no equivalency from standard to adult track for freestyle or moves. The Pre-Juvenile FS test is roughly equivalent to Adult Silver, but if you want to compete Silver at ANs you must pass the Adult Silver test, regardless of if you have passed the Pre-Juvenile free. And you have to pass the Adult Silver moves test, not the Pre-Juvenile moves.

Jocelyn

mskater
04-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Thanks Jocelyn! I almost got confused at the end of your explanation but then realized what you were saying; the reason intermediate freestyle is equivalent to masters is b/c there is no "adult" test for masters like there are for gold, silver, etc...Ok, great makes perfect sense now:]

vesperholly
04-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Well, you can enter in different Masters categories if you choose to continue testing USFSA freestyle tests. "Gold" is the highest adult test, after that if you want to continue, you must test standard track.

passed..... compete

Pre-Bronze FS..... Pre-Bronze (not at ANs)
Bronze FS..... Bronze
Silver FS..... Silver
Gold FS..... Gold, Championship Gold
Intermediate FS..... Masters Novice, Championship Masters
Novice FS..... Masters Junior, Championship Masters
Junior FS..... Masters Senior, Championship Masters

Jocelyn

Debbie S
04-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks, Jocelyn!