View Full Version : If you are a former Synchronized Skater,what team did you skate for?

FSWer
04-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Say,I just thought I would ask this. But if you are a former Synchronized Skater,...what team did you skate for?

Mrs Redboots
04-10-2003, 08:48 AM
You have a very low opinion of our abilities, FSWer - some of my friends are current members of Synchro teams! Adults, that is...

I have to admit that, while it is my favourite sort of skating to watch, I don't enjoy doing it, so have no interest in being part of a team.

CanAmSk8ter
04-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
I have to admit that, while it is my favourite sort of skating to watch, I don't enjoy doing it, so have no interest in being part of a team.

Amen. I didn't like synch at all. I did act as an assistant coach for a team for a year though, because my coach was one of the head coaches and they needed help.

Stormy
04-10-2003, 07:48 PM
I love it!! I just finished my second season and know I'll be doing it for many more seasons. I don't want to say what teams I was on, but I encourage anyone to try it. It's so fun. :)

StarshineXavier
04-10-2003, 10:10 PM
I used to skate for Ice Image from Burlington, ON. If things go as planned, in a few weeks, I will be trying out for Synchronicity.

flying~camel
04-11-2003, 12:45 PM
I used to be a member of 2 ISI synchro teams - Fire on Ice (Southwest Ice Arena - Crestwood, IL) and Icicles (Oak Lawn Ice Arena - Oak Lawn, IL).

I did a trial skate with the Grand Valley State University team back in '98, but wasn't able to afford the costs associated (I was a college student without a job...) :??

FSWer
04-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Say,the Haydenettes were skating on tv. today. Did anyone here ever skate for them?

CanAmSk8ter
04-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by FSWer
Say,the Haydenettes were skating on tv. today. Did anyone here ever skate for them?

I don't know, but I've heard that their coach doesn't like them to come onto message boards and identify themselves.

FSWer
04-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Is there anyone here who used to skate for themthough?

CanAmSk8ter
04-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by FSWer
Is there anyone here who used to skate for themthough?

Unless it was quite awhile ago, I don't think anyone is going to respond. From what I've heard, it sounds like their coaches really don't want them to do that.