View Full Version : Great to Skate

Michigansk8er
06-17-2002, 06:18 PM
I found out last Friday that I'm one of the "Great to Skate" winners! :D And what does that mean??? An on-ice clinic with Todd Eldredge........this Saturday. Is anyone else going to be there? I'll probably be the only old lady there, but I don't care. It should be fun!!!! :D :D

singerskates
06-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Congrads Leslie!

Tell us how it goes and could you invite Todd to our Competitive Adult Skaters yahoo group? Here's the URL http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/compadultsk8s

Competitive Adult Skaters Yahoo Group (http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/compadultsk8s)

Thanks Leslie from Brigitte.
:D

dani
06-17-2002, 07:02 PM
Can you get me an autograph? ;-)

Congrats, I hope you really enjoy it!

Danielle

flippet
06-18-2002, 07:53 AM
Hey, Leslie, that's great! Man, I wish I could come watch, that would be loads of fun.
(Wait....THIS Saturday? I'm actually going to be back in the state....PM me, ok?)

Now, you've been on the ice with Todd before, haven't you? Or was that just in passing? At any rate, what fun! How did you end up a winner? "Local"-type thing?

garyc254
06-18-2002, 08:06 AM
[b:6f86c0c5f9]Hi Flippet,[/b:6f86c0c5f9]
You need to start reading the USFSA web site more. :lol: www.usfsa.org

Go to the bottom of the home page, put your cursor on "news", click on "news home", and scroll to the bottom of that page. It shows the details on the contest.

[b:6f86c0c5f9]Leslie,[/b:6f86c0c5f9]
That's terrific!!! Even though personally I don't think Todd belonged in this past Olympics for lack of a consistent quad, he's still a grand master skater in my book and has more style and poise in his left toe pick than most skaters have in their whole body. You're soooo lucky!!! :) :D :o
Gary

flippet
06-18-2002, 09:40 AM
[quote:ca5e48fe61="garyc254"][b:ca5e48fe61]Hi Flippet,[/b:ca5e48fe61]
You need to start reading the USFSA web site more. :lol: www.usfsa.org

[/quote:ca5e48fe61]

Ah....yeah, I never go there. :P

Wow, Leslie, that's even cooler. Have a blast! :D

flo
06-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Congratulations! You're a great one to be there for all us adults!

Mrs Redboots
06-19-2002, 07:15 AM
I do hope you have a super time - and mind you tell us all about it! We long to hear.....

Michigansk8er
06-19-2002, 07:27 AM
I'll be sure to report in when I get back. I'm hoping for at least one tiny little tip!!!! Well, and maybe a picture too.

Flippet,

Yep, he's been to the Summit before. That was when Olga was still there. I've actually had quite a few opportunities where I could have talked to him before, but never did because I didn't want to bother him. Silly me..................

melanieuk
06-19-2002, 07:50 AM
[quote:1c30878a72="Michigansk8er"]I found out last Friday that I'm one of the "Great to Skate" winners! :D And what does that mean??? An on-ice clinic with Todd Eldredge........this Saturday. Is anyone else going to be there? I'll probably be the only old lady there, but I don't care. It should be fun!!!! :D :D[/quote:1c30878a72]

OMG well done! :lol:
I really like Todd Eldredge's skating - never met him.
He's a clockwise skater, like me! I love his spins. He is SO fast. :)
I'm looking forward to reading your full report! :wink:

Schmeck
06-20-2002, 02:30 PM
Leslie, congratulations! Have a great time, and don't be shy - get some photos to share with us!

I'm so jealous :D

Schmeck