View Full Version : State Games of America

Ice T
04-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Have any of you adult skaters ever competed at the State Games of America? If so, what was it like? How many competitors were there at each level?

Mel1977
04-05-2003, 01:15 PM
I did, in 2001, and I'm going again this year. I did Preliminary last year, and there were 5 people in my group for compulsory, and 3 for freeskate. I placed 3rd and 2nd respectively. That was about the size of most of the adult groups. I also did spotlight, and I think there were like 10 or so in my group, of varying levels.
This year I'm doing Pre-Juvenile compulsory and spotlight. I'm skipping freeskate this year, I have 2 students competing also.
If you are thinking about going, go! I had a blast in 2001. The opening ceremonies are really cool if you can get to that.
P.M. me if you have any other questions, I'll be glad to answer them!
Mel

skaternum
04-06-2003, 10:43 AM
I competed in the first SGA they had in 1999. There were only 5 people at my level. (I can't remember whether it was Adult Pre-pre or Pre; I was at USFSA Bronze at the time.) It was pretty much like any other big comp. I'd encourage you to go. The opening ceremonies were really cool, too.