View Full Version : Good luck to everyone skating at Adult Nationals

mikawendy
04-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Good luck to everyone skating at Adult Nationals! I bet some of you are in Michigan already and won't see this post, but I hope everything goes well, have fun, and post when you get back! :D

manleywoman
04-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Actually it doesn't start until next Wednesday, but thanks for the early support!

I was on a roll training-wise until I got really sick last week and am still suffering from it. So while before I was hoping to go to ANs and skate really well, my goals have now changed to just be able to get through the programs without gasping for air!

But I'll have fun regardless...no point in working this hard for a year and spending all the time and money to have a bad time!

sk8er1964
04-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the good wishes!!!

My goal is to skate out on the ice and take up my starting pose. After all my injury problems, that will be the real thrill - the rest is just icing on the cake :D :D :D

I'll be working registration on Wednesday, pretty much all day during the day - hope to see many of you then!

skaternum
04-01-2003, 03:54 PM
I second that! Hope everybody has a "personal best" skate and loads of fun.

skaternum

P.S. Your mom said to remind you to pack clean undies! :)

Elsy2
04-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Best of luck to all of you! I'm going to come up Thursday afternoon, and look forward to watching Friday and Saturday events :D

CanAmSk8ter
04-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by skaternum

P.S. Your mom said to remind you to pack clean undies! :)

And your coach said to remind you not to wear them when you compete! Have fun everybody. Hopefully I'll be joining you in 2007 when I'm old enough.

tidesong
04-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Good luck everyone!!! Excited for you guys!!! I love competitions!!! (too bad I can't join this one ):D

Mrs Redboots
04-02-2003, 05:14 AM
Have a wonderful time! I do wish I was going to be with you; one of these years. I shall enjoy seeing the pictures of all of you on Bill's web-page!

Mel On Ice
04-02-2003, 11:17 AM
skater1964, I just tried to PM you, but your box is full. Have fun, good luck to you and wish my friend Denise (from AASC) good luck!

lilpairsk8ter
04-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Good luck to everyone skating at Nationals. I'll be in the stands cheering you guys on. I really wish that i could skate but im only 19 :cry: I also wanted to wish my coach Duane and my friend Nancy good luck. I know you guys can skate great. I also wanted to wish everyone from the AAFSA and the Lake Effect figure skating club good luck. I know im forgetting some people and im sorry but right now im still half asleep.
Good luck to all of the posters on this borad who are skating at nationals. Let me know what events you guys are in sooo i can be sure to watch and cheer really loud.:!:

Mel On Ice
04-03-2003, 12:51 PM
hey lilpairs, I know Duane and Nancy! Is Pam competing at AN? I used to skate at GGRFSC, but was *thisclose* to joining the Flurries adult team before we were transferred to STL.

flo
04-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Hi,
I'll be there on Tuesday night or Wednesday am, and compete in Ladies Interpretive II on Thursday at 5.
Best of luck to all. It's a short trip for me, as I've just started a new job! With this and Worlds, I haven't had a lot of time for skating.
See you there.

lilpairsk8ter
04-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Mel, Pam is also skating at nationals i believe that she is competeing in Gold ladies. She competed at the lake Effect competition last weekend and did very well and placed first. If you want to see the results i believe they are on the club website. wow its sooo funny that you know them to. If you wanna talk send me an e-mail. Oh and are gonna be in AN to watch? talk to you later

PattyP
04-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Hi,
Thanks for all the "good luck" wishes!

I will be arriving Monday afternoon and my events are Wed at 10:00 and Thurs at 4:00, Silver IIA and Interp IIA. I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and also looking forward to a week off work and not having to get up at 4:15am to get ice time.:P

I really can't believe it's next week! :o

PattyP

Michigansk8er
04-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Good luck everyone! I'll be there to cheer for everyone from the stands instead of competing this year. I hope I can meet those of you I haven't already met in years past. See you all next week.

:D

PS: Flo, where is your new job?

sk8er1964
04-03-2003, 02:33 PM
I'm working registration on Wednesday during the day, and practice ice Thursday night and Friday morning (see what I get for saying I'd like to help out? :lol: ). I skate on Saturday at 12:00 - Gold Ladies II.

Good luck to everyone! Hope to see you all!

jazzpants
04-03-2003, 07:50 PM
PattyP:

I pinged someone to bless the ice for you at AN too! Can't guarantee they'll do the job right though. :P

Everyone, good luck at AN!!! Go kick some ice butt!!! And if you are watching my coach, give him a hearty cheer for me too!!! :P
http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles/kao/otn/pcheerleader.gif

Here's hoping I'll be you guys at Lake Placid in 2004!!!
http://216.40.249.192/s/kao/otn/pcheers3.gif

Cheers,
jazzpants

PattyP
04-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Thanks Jazzpants! Since you asked them to do it, I know it will work (at least I'm going to believe that when I step out onto the ice!)

I always give a hearty cheer for your coach and it's always well deserved. He is a joy to watch.

Last day of work for me before I leave....YAY!!! I'm counting the hours.

PattyP

dani
04-04-2003, 04:35 PM
My last day before too!! Yah!!

I am getting a little nervous!

I know it was asked earlier and I didn't chime in, but I am in Bronze 2C on Wednesday.

Hugs to all!!
Danielle

tazsk8s
04-05-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by dani
I know it was asked earlier and I didn't chime in, but I am in Bronze 2C on Wednesday.

Hugs to all!!
Danielle

OMG - me too! Also my rink-mate and roommate for this trip is in this group!

flutzilla1
04-05-2003, 02:15 PM
You guys in Bronze 2C go right after the Bronze I ladies (I'm in group C of that) so I'll be able to watch you all and cheer you on! I'm not too jazzed about my freeskate but I am really looking forward to the debut of my Interp on Thursday.

Good luck everyone! :)

Black Sheep
04-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Just hope my road trip from Chicago doesn't get snowed out this Wednesday.....:roll:

sk8er1964
04-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Black Sheep
Just hope my road trip from Chicago doesn't get snowed out this Wednesday.....:roll:

From what I hear, Michigan's typically weird spring weather will not be a problem for Wednesday. We had ice and freezing rain yesterday, spitting snow today, and they're calling for 1 - 6 inches of snow between Sunday night and Monday night (this is April, right? Not February?). Hopefully the weather folks are wrong and we won't get that much snow - they've been pretty much wrong on the snow depth predictions with every winter storm so far this season. Fortunately, on Tuesday the temp is supposed to start going up with temps in the 50's from Wednesday on. That should melt anything we get pretty quickly.

PattyP
04-06-2003, 11:03 AM
I've been a bit concerned with that weather report as I fly in tomorrow so I hope that 1-6 inches doesn't turn into feet! I don't think I've driven in the snow since Lake Placid AN 3 years ago. Oh well, it will be a nice change....the 70 degree sunny weather here in So. Cal really sucks....Haha. ;)

Actually I'm more concerned with the time change plus the 3 hour time zone difference. I will be screwed up for a few days. At least I don't have early morning practice ice.

wannask8
04-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Good luck, everyone! Be sure to report back and let the rest of us know the particulars when you can.

--wannask8

flo
04-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Hi,
Michigan:My new job is with Johns Hopkins university, in the Department of Ophthalmology.
Good luck to all, and I hope I get a chance to see some of your great programs! It will be a fast trip, but I hope fun.
Patty: looks like we'll be in different groups!
Best of luck.

PattyP
04-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Hi Flo!

Yes, I'm in group A...for both programs. Are you just skating the one event this year? It looks like they made some attempt to group like programs together for the interp event. I decided to try comedy this year.

My goal is not to Zamboni the ice with my butt in the FS event like I did in final round last year.:roll:

PattyP

lilpairsk8ter
04-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Good morning everyone. Thought id'e give you a quick weather update. I live about 2 hours from AN and we have at most an inch of snow on the ground so i think the weather man was wrong again although it is very very cold here. So make shure to dress warmly.
Good Luck to everyone competeing. I'll see you all later on in the week

sk8er1964
04-07-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by lilpairsk8ter
Good morning everyone. Thought id'e give you a quick weather update. I live about 2 hours from AN and we have at most an inch of snow on the ground so i think the weather man was wrong again although it is very very cold here. So make shure to dress warmly.
Good Luck to everyone competeing. I'll see you all later on in the week

Sorry, guys - the news is not too good here. It took me 1 1/2 hours to do my normal 1/2 hour commute around Ann Arbor this morning. Jack-knifed trucks, cars off the roads - I never once saw clear pavement, just snow and ice. Be very careful coming in, especially those of you who are not used to snow. It is supposed to stop by 3:00, I think. Just take it very easy and you will get where you are going!!! The snow trucks are starting to come out.

Lilpairsk8er - you must live north of 8 Mile - I hear it's not bad at all up there. Lucky you :) My husband's work in Macomb County had no snow when he called off at 7:00 a.m., while we were near white out in northeastern Washtenaw County.

lilpairsk8ter
04-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Ok so i give the weather man some credit he was right. i posted around 6am and its now 10:30 and the roads are a mess we dont have a ton of snow but what there is of it is really blowing and making driving difficult. It took me 45 minutes to get to class instead of the normal half and hour and i almost ended up in a ditch. so please ne very careful if you are driving up today or tomorrw.

Also if anyone is there for early week practices could you please give us reports. I wish i could come earlier than thursday but i have a paper due that day that i still haven't written.

anyways best of luck to all of you competeing. Ill be cheering for you. dont worry i can yell REALLY loud.

Mel On Ice
04-07-2003, 10:57 AM
good gravy 1964, I saw the weather report and was stunned at how perfectly the band of snowstorms stretched across the midsection of MI - from one lake to the other. My folks live in Jackson, my sis in Lansing and some friends in GR, I'd better check and make sure everyone is ok.

Too bad it didn't snow-out the Tigers season-opener, they need a redo of the last week...

Good luck again to everyone! I can't believe how many people I know are going to be there, and I'm not. I'm in charge of the caravan going to ISI Synchro CHampionships.

lilpairsk8ter
04-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Mel, i just wanted to put your mind somewhat at ease. I live an hour or so south of GR and the roads are pretty slippery but it's not to bad. at least i have power. I was in GR on fri and sat during the ice storm and that was bad. Although i think alot of people in GR are still without power.

If anyone sees any of the adult pairs practices can you tell me how Paul Mata and his partner from AN are doing. thanks so much

Mel On Ice
04-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Paul is skating pairs now? Good for him! I haven't seen him in years. I'm going to be watching for Duane, Denise, Pam and a gal from my rink down here, Joyce.

sk8er1964
04-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Weather update - the freeways are just fine now, and most of the major side streets are ok. The gal at the grocery store said she heard we could still get more, but right now all is calm.

Paul and Judy are skating really well together. I thought they had a really nice program at Sectionals - they had an unfortunate bobble at the end that probably cost them the gold.

Off topic - I ran my program clean for the first time ever today. Yipee! I thought I'd run it like it was really the competition, so I did my curtsy at the end, and nearly fell over on that! :lol:

lilpairsk8ter
04-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Boy Mel it sure is a small world. It cracks me up that you know alot of the same people i know. Paul has been skating pairs for awhile. he and i skated together for a couple of years and i know he had at least i partner before me. I just wish i could compete now.

Skater 1964 thanks for the update.

I look forward to seeing all of you this week. Much luck to those competeing

lilpairsk8ter
04-09-2003, 08:49 AM
I just have to wish Nancy good luck as she is competeing today and im not gonna be able to watch:cry: but i promise i will be there tomorrow.
Also good luck to everyone else who is competeing today go and kick some ice butt. see you all soon

Mel On Ice
04-09-2003, 12:11 PM
***sending postive Karma to Denise, Nancy and Joyce***