View Full Version : End of Season

ChristianeDK
03-31-2003, 01:02 PM
So last Saturday the skating season ended. I haven't had time to feel sad yet but I'm sure I will Thursday evening when I'm not going to the rink. It's been a great season though and compared to last season I doesn't have to wait till September to start practising again, since I'm going to Prague for ten days this summer with the club to train! That's going to be great :)

Saturday we had our annual skating show - this year it was 'The Wizard of Oz'. As usual we skated the show twice - once in the morning and once in the evening. We had 800 persons in the audience for each show! 8O In my group we were citizens in the Emerald City and fortunately all our hard work paid off and everything went fine - such a relief! We were definitely not the main attraction, but it was a fantastic feeling just to participate. The main characters were so good! And the small children were adorable :) Next day the show was on the front page of one of the biggest news papers in the country (Only the capital edition though) As you can understand I'm quite proud of my club ;)

I can't wait to get back this summer and next season for more great experiences :)

garyc254
03-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a terrific show and a great way to end the season!!!

Going to Prague to skate!?!?! What a great opportunity!!!!

Be sure to post your experience after you return.

mikawendy
04-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Have fun in Prague! If I recall correctly, it is very inexpensive to see the national ballet company perform--so is the opera--you might want to check it out if you have free time. It is a very beautiful city (but there is a lot of air pollution!)

(The Hungarian opera and the Hungary State Ballet in Budapest are also very inexpensive--I saw a wonderful production of Swan Lake for $1 and also saw Turandot another night for $1.)