View Full Version : Congrats Ariel!

Lili
03-25-2003, 02:43 PM
I would just like to congratulate my friend Ariel (DMBicesk8r) on passing her intermediate moves on the first try!!! All that hard work paid off! Now you get to work on Novice. :D

nutty-ducky
03-25-2003, 03:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ARIEL! WELL DONE! GO GIRL!
:D :D :D

Elsy2
03-25-2003, 03:32 PM
GREAT JOB! 8-) Those moves are hard!

garyc254
03-25-2003, 03:38 PM
YOU GO, GIRL!!!!! :D :D :D

Black Sheep
03-25-2003, 09:00 PM
Awright! I hope to pass IM one day, too....8-)

Mrs Redboots
03-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Very well done! What does the test consist of?

Elsy2
03-26-2003, 06:38 AM
Many of the Intermediate moves are also on the Adult Gold test, and one is on the Adult Silver test.

The Intermediate test introduces the power circles, forward and backward. The difference from Junior power circles is that the Intermediate circles do not require the long sustained glide to the end of the arena coming out of the power circle. These are on the adult Gold test too.

Backward perimeter power crossovers stroking with backward power 3-turns. The skater will perform four power sets down the length of the arena followed by backward power 3-turns around both ends of the arena. This stroking sequence covers one full lap of the arena and is performed both counter-clockwise and clockwise. (Not on the Adult Gold test)

Backward double 3-turns. The skater will perform consecutive backward double 3-turns on half circles with alternating of feet. Four to six half circles will be skated depending on the length of the arena and the strength of the skater. The sequence begins with back outside double 3-turns covering the first length of the arena. The back inside double 3-turns will cover the second length of the arena. (On the Adult Gold test)

Brackets in the field (Forward outside-back inside and forward inside-back outside). The skater will perform two sets of turns on half circles (RFO-LBI) down approximately half length of the arena. Continuing down the remaining length of the arena the skater then will perform two sets of turns (LFO-RBI) with an optional step to transition to the LFO edge. Once completed, the entire sequence is repeated, performing two sets of turns (LFI-RBO down half of the arena and two set os turns (RFI-LBO) down the remaining length.....(On the Adult Gold test)

Inside Slide Chasse Pattern. The skater will perform four alternating patterns of inside slide chasses preceded by backward power 3-turns. The pattern should covere the entire length of the arena (On the Adult Silver test)

lizzie
03-26-2003, 06:24 PM
you go ariel! oh my gosh! rock on! word up!

Mrs Redboots
03-27-2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks, Elsy - and what, please, are power circles? Our Moves are different to yours - some easier, some harder, some about the same, but it works out the same overall. Also, the moves you describe are on a higher level than anything I can aspire to!

Lili
03-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Power circles are a series of crossovers starting at center ice that progressively get faster through the entire move. The primary focus is power. They're performed both ways, the good side and the BAD side. :lol:

That being said, I hate this move. Its the worst move IMO on the entire test.

Elsy2
03-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Those power circles are a mystery to me....they look so easy, (I know they aren't) and everyone hates them. From a standing position you start crossovers slowly, increasing in speed at a steady rate until you are flying. About 15 crossovers to complete the move are recommended.

Mrs Redboots
03-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Thanks Lili and Elsy. As far as I know, these are not part of our moves, but they sound like fun.

Magz
03-29-2003, 10:47 AM
wow power circles are parts of our sencond skills (moves) test over here...i actually think they're fun until u get into backwards