View Full Version : hey gary!

Mel On Ice
03-19-2003, 01:42 PM
not only did I walk down the steps, but I climbed them today too without *too much* pain! I also walked down to Subway and back like a normal person instead of hop-lurching.

Bring on "all that jazz!"

Did sue get enough rest Sunday?

garyc254
03-19-2003, 02:00 PM
ALRIGHT, MEL!!!!! Glad to hear you're healing!!! Don't overstress it, though.

I had to drive Susan to and from the rink as she was too exhausted to see straight. The all aftenoon skating show wiped her out. She fell asleep at 9:30 Sunday night.

I signed up for the Gamma and Delta classes at the RecPlex starting next Tuesday. If all goes well, I may join you guys after the Orland Park competition (that is if you'll have me).

KEEP HEALING!!!!!!!

Mel On Ice
03-19-2003, 02:40 PM
you're going to be a Sapphire? *happy dance* I've been so jealous of bigger teams and was hoping we'd get more members of the team. I really hope the displaced Diamond Edges girls come on board to give us old folks a youthful spark.

BTW, did you see me "skating" in the hockey box, doing arms only? I remembered to do my jazz hands at the end of the short!

What time are your classes? I was debating between ice dance, choreography and nothing on Tuesday nights.

garyc254
03-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Yes, saw you "skating" in the box. I didn't know people could skate with just their upper body and arms. :lol: Good "jazz hands". :roll:

Sapphire isn't going to get any bigger if you can't keep the girls from getting pregnant. Don't look at me, 'cause it's not MY fault. ;) :lol:

Tuesday nights at 5:45 & 6:15. Back-to-back classes.

Wish there was a freestyle session right after so I could practice.

Mel On Ice
03-19-2003, 02:56 PM
I forgot... we lost not only a member but our alternate to the baby blues. If it happens to me, I will skate until I can't bend over to tie my laces.

There's no freestyle, but there is open skate at 7:30, Earl sticks around for that one after ice dance.

Do you think Earl will give the team another chance if he sees another guy on the team? I'm still trying to talk Dave into another learn to skate class.

garyc254
03-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Earl's a great guy, but unless his speed and dexterity have improved dramatically, he won't be able to keep up with the line. There was a lot of grumbling in the ranks after he tried to skate in the line.

One of the girls asked him if he could do a three turn. He replied that he did one for his ISI test and hoped never to have to do one again, so I'm not sure synchro is a good choice for him.

At least Susan tries to fake her mohawks and three turns. :lol: