View Full Version : I hardly ever post here but ...

BringontheRain
03-19-2003, 05:50 AM
I am so excited with the fact that I passed my Junior Moves yesterday that I had to share. I went into the test with a 50-50 chance, made a huge mistake on the power pulls with rocker turns when I didn't even complete a turn and I still passed. I am so happy!

Plus I really need to start posting on the practice threads, y'all really encourage me, I always read them, but never seem to post! :(

Mrs Redboots
03-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Many, many congratulations! That is a very difficult thing to do, and I'm delighted for you.

We had tests this morning at our rink, so I wasn't able to skate (they took up the entire patch session, from 6.00 am to 10.30 am, can you imagine!), but enjoyed watching some of them. The highest Moves we have here are inter-Silver, as they are still called, pretty high-level, and I was able to see one girl pass them, which was great.

Elsy2
03-19-2003, 07:00 AM
That is so wonderful! Truly a huge accomplishment. You've got a senior gold in your near future now:bow:

For those interested in what the junior moves include:

1. Forward power circles
2. Backward power circles
3. Forward and backward outside rockers
4. Forward and backward inside rockers
5. Power pulls (including quick twisting rockers)
6. Choctaw sequence

These descriptions do not do these moves justice. Each is intricate and the skater must performs with exceptional power, edge quality, and extension.

garyc254
03-19-2003, 08:01 AM
ALRIGHTTTTTT!!!!! BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D :D :D

It's such a terrific feeling when all of the practice pays off.

tidesong
03-19-2003, 11:53 AM
wow congrats... the moves sound really cool. But I have no idea what they are like.... I know what the individual rockers and choctaws are, but how is the whole sequence like? I don't mind an explanation of the moves :)

sk8er1964
03-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Congratulations - what a huge accomplishment! :D :D

Elsy2
03-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Here's a description of the Power Pulls for you Tidesong:

The skater will perform three power pulls, followed by two quick twisting rockers, followed by three power pulls, followed by two quick twisting rockers. The sequence is repeated consecutively down the entire diagonal of the arena. It is then repeated on the opposite diagonal of the arena on the other foot.

Here's a description of forward and backward outside rockers:

The skater will perform forward outside rockers followed by a cross in front, then feet together and push to a back outside rocker. This backward outside rocker is followed by two forward outside crossrolls to a froward outside rocker. The skater has the option of starting the first length with either the right or left foot forward rockers. The second length will be performed with the forward and backward outside rockers on the opposite foot.

Whew!

I can go for one more....

Backward Power Circles:

Starting from a standing position the skater will perform backward crossovers progressively increasing in foot speed and acceleration throughout the entire move, from a slow but gradually accelerating pace, to full accelerated crossovers. The skater will exit the move with a backward diagonal glide to the end of the arena with an extended free leg held to the back. As the skater accelerates the circle circumference increases. power circles are performed both in counterclockwise and clockwise directions. The two glides should be on different feet. It is recommended that no more than fifteen crossovers be utilized in completing this move.

You better be flying on this move....

Tidesong, if you get a chance to watch moves tests....do so. It's hard to get the full impression of these moves in print. If done well, the moves are quite amazing to watch.

Elsy2
03-19-2003, 04:51 PM
I'm feeling guilty for perhaps taking this thread off topic..This thread belongs to BringonRain and the congratulations should continue! Let the lesson on moves point out just how much we appreciate your accomplishment!

dbny
03-19-2003, 05:44 PM
Congratulations!

I've seen the Junior moves on the PSA tapes. Very impressive :!:

BringontheRain
03-19-2003, 08:38 PM
Elsy,
that's fine ... I too find moves interesting and hard work :)

spicyicey
03-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Congrats BringOnTheRain! I passed my moves last November and I also messed up the power pulls! I'm really having fun on senior - if you like moves it's almost like a prize for getting that far...of course the best part is all the funny falls :) Once again congratulations!