View Full Version : Silver III Elements

icesk8er31
03-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Could someone who knows what happened at Adult Sectionals (any of them) shed some light on what elements the top ladies in Silver III completed? One of my rink mates is going to nationals, so I'm doing a bit of investigating for her so she can fine tune her program before she goes.

Thanks!

Elsy2
03-18-2003, 08:35 AM
I have a few friends in Silver III, and they told me the top ladies in Silver III did (or attempted) axels at Wyandotte. However, I understand there was someone on the podium last year or the year before at AN that didn't have a lutz, but had a wonderful overall program. (This could have been Silver IV...) For single combos the lutz/loop is what would be an asset in the program. The winner at Wyandotte just moved up the age ranks from Silver II to Silver III. The next 4 placements were ladies with at least 2 years experience in Silver III, several of them have medaled at AN in the last two years. There were also ladies at this comp. who just moved up to Silver from Bronze III, but didn't place as well as the more experienced Silver group.

As for spins, my Silver III friends are doing laybacks, flying camels or sits, sit/change sits or camel/sit/sit, not always successfully on the flying spins.

Hope that helps...I am relying on memory here from what I heard. I think we're going to see a fairly wide range of skill at AN in Silver III this year, due to the Bronze ladies moving up. Many of those ladies do not have axels, or some of the more difficult spins.

jazzpants
03-18-2003, 12:23 PM
I don't remember her program as much but I did remember the top person in Silver III landed a clean axel in her program...and very good speed on her sit spins. (Of course I remember this b/c I remember how far down my jaw dropped!!! She does not look like she's in Group III...) 8O

There's a lot of skaters out there who are defying the aging process by skating way younger than what you would THINK would be in age group III or IV!!! WOW!!! 8O What inspirations!!!! :D (And no excuses for us young'ums since there's a granny at age 63 skating at Championship Gold FS...and she beaten a few young'ums out there.) :P

1lutz2klutz
03-18-2003, 08:29 PM
What are the age breakdowns for Bronze and Silver I, II, and III?

sk8er1964
03-18-2003, 10:07 PM
I believe that it's I = 25-34, II = 35-44, III = 45-54 & iv = 55+. Please correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Mrs Redboots
03-19-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by sk8er1964
I believe that it's I = 25-34, II = 35-44, III = 45-54 & iv = 55+. Please correct me if I'm wrong ;) I thought it was 26-35, 36-45, etc. With Young Adult being 18-25

Elsy2
03-19-2003, 07:04 AM
From the trusty rulebook:

Class I - 25 through 35
Class II - 36 through 45
Class III - 46 through 55
Class IV - 56 years and over

sk8er1964
03-19-2003, 01:23 PM
I guess I shouldn't post without getting my rulebook out - it was late, the book was out in the car, and I was being lazy. :oops:

Thanks for the correct info Elsy2!!!