View Full Version : What is the best skate for a adult beginner?

karowicz45
03-12-2003, 07:27 PM
:roll: I want to know any advise< I have a size 7 skate and high arches, kinda wide by my toes, so jackson I have heard the heel is high and riedell have a lower one:? : hmm i kinda lean forward to when I first start, hmmmm can you help ps I hope this is the right thread:oops:

Elsy2
03-12-2003, 07:58 PM
I think you need to try them both on. You'll know right away if either fits your shape of foot. If neither of these boots feel right, try SP-teri which seems to be wider in the front than some others.

As for pitching forward, that's probably just because you need to bend your knees more, which is common. Good luck!

skaternum
03-12-2003, 08:23 PM
Yo umay find all this advise frustrating, but it really depends on your feet. You need to try them all on AND get the assistance of a good fitter.

Arsenette
03-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Ditto.. Some people swear by one brand then you put the dang thing on and it's so tight you swear someone cut off your foot's circulation. (as an example). Nothing beats going to a pro shop or even a used skate shop (my suggestion) and try different styles and brands before you choose.

ChristianeDK
03-15-2003, 03:12 AM
Perhaps you can lend some from your club in the beginning, just to find out which brand suits you? That's what I did. I've got Risports, but they're rather narrow at the toes so I don't think they would suit you. Take your time to find good skates which fit. Good luck :)

dooobedooo
03-15-2003, 06:31 AM
Don't buy the cheapest: buy the second cheapest; ensure that the blade is fixed on with screws and is not moulded on. That way you can upgrade the blade later if you wish.

Cheaper blades will need more sharpenings - perhaps every 30 hours or so, so if your blades feel very slow and blunt, do get them sharpened.