View Full Version : Magic of Style book?

kayskate
03-12-2003, 04:06 PM
I bought the Magic of Style v3. video and really love it. While it contains a certain amount of dauntingly advanced footwork, it also includes a significant portion of steps and variations on turns and movements I already know. IMO, many of these beautiful steps should be a realistic possibility for adult skaters w/ good basic 3turns and crossovers (even just forward 3s).

However, the video contains so many exercises, I was wondering if the companion book would help me to remember and practice them at the rink. Does anyone have the companion book? Does it give pattern diagrams like a dance diagram?

Thanks.
Kay

ddpskater
03-13-2003, 01:29 PM
When I got them I didn't know enough to make heads or tails of them. I think there were abreviations and diagrams. In any event I'll look for them (now I'm curious because maybe I could use them) and if you have a fax number you could pm I will send you a couple of pages so you can see if you like it before trying to buy it (or if I can get someone to scan some pages, I can email them).

kayskate
03-13-2003, 02:43 PM
I don't have a fax, but even a description of what is in the books would help. Thanks.

Kay

ddpskater
03-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Finally found one -- book 3. It has no diagrams. An example of the text is:

"Segment 7"

"Mowhaks
level:easy SERPENTINE HEEL TO HEEL MOWHAKS C.N.S.

AS SMOOTH CONNECTING STEPS. FWI MOWHAKS INTO BW crosssovers, step fw and repeat other side. Coordinate with round arm movements."

level: intermediate POWER MOWHAKS C.N.S.

Bwo 3 turn, mowhak with a very a very powerful push. Strong and simple steps to gain speed. Use very assertive arm movements and expression.

kayskate
03-23-2003, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the sample text. I don't think the book is what I need. I can white those descriptions for myself. If the book had diagrams, it would be worthwhile.

Kay