View Full Version : Adult Sectionals-- Men's elements??

icechick
03-12-2003, 10:08 AM
I'm posting for a friend who is interested in knowing what elements were performed by the men who competed at Sectionals.....Did anyone attend and, if so, can you recall the elements? Any info you can provide would be very helpful....THANKS!

dcden
03-12-2003, 10:23 AM
My code is not compiling this morning so I'll bite. I'll start with the Master Men's category.

1st place had 3 Salchow (two footed landing), 2 Axel (twist out of landing), 2 'tano Lutz, 2 flip - 2 loop as his major jump elements. Textbook flying camel. He was also the fastest of the four.

2nd place had 1.5 flip - 2 flip - 2 toe, 2 toe - 2 loop, and another double double (can't remember) as his combos. Good flow and personality on the ice and the only standing O.

3rd place had a great 2 Axel and many other doubles (but a fall on 2 flip)

4th place had some doubles and a high single Lutz and single flip.

All in all a good field and a strong contingent to send to nationals.

Black Sheep
03-12-2003, 11:29 AM
The Masters Men skaters never fail to amaze me! :D

icechick
03-12-2003, 12:20 PM
dcden, for the great detail...."we" appreciate it!!

Alexeiskate
03-12-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by dcden
2nd place had 1.5 flip - 2 flip - 2 toe, 2 toe - 2 loop, and another double double (can't remember) as his combos. Good flow and personality on the ice and the only standing O.

Wow, I haven't seen a 1.5 flip done since Robin Cousins's skating days. It sounded like all of the Master men were impressive.

dcden
03-12-2003, 01:57 PM
I'd say! I think the Eastern guys have a good chance to take 2 or 3 spots on the podium at Nationals. On to gold men's highlights:

1st - Clean 2 toe, powerful Axel. Two foot landing on 2 loop. Popped the 2 Salchow but it was a clean single. Good speed, extension, & choreography.

2nd - Clean 2 Salchow, popped out of an intended Axel and 2 toe. Good spins.

3rd - Axel-loop, Axel. (I find it hard to be objective about myself so I'll stop there!)

4th - High, fast Axel with a slight twist out of landing. Two footed 2 toe but it was basically complete. Popped an intended 2 Salchow.

5th - Popped a 2 toe into a clean 1 toe-1 toe. Backed off an Axel. Good speed and choreography.

In Silver men, there was only one attempted Axel in competition, which became more of an overrotated waltz jump. The most difficult elements were Lutz combos, camel spins, and a few back sit spins. In general the skaters with the more difficult elements also had better speed and flow, so the ordinals were very consistent.