View Full Version : help please

angelskater
03-09-2003, 02:47 PM
I got a little problum...
Well I skate in pairs and lately my partners been acting wierd and we're like best friends but he still won't tell me what's wrong or anything! It's driving me crazy! Anyone got some advice?

mikawendy
03-09-2003, 04:34 PM
You could mention to him that you've noticed he's been acting a little differently lately and you can offer to listen (IF your partner wants to talk about anything that's been bothering him or stressing him out). But if he doesn't come out and tell you what is going on, don't be offended, because it could be something private that he doesn't want to discuss with anyone.

If whatever it is starts to affect your partnering relationship and your skating, then you could discuss that with him in a non-confrontational manner-- "I've noticed that you seem distracted when we practice--is something bothering you?" or whatever it is.

I don't know what kind of "weird" you're talking about, and I don't want to alarm you, but if you have any reason to believe that your safety/health or that of your partner is in danger, then you NEED to talk to someone else--your coach, a parent, or someone else. Trust your instincts.

garyc254
03-11-2003, 10:28 AM
Being a guy, I can tell you that I often get distracted or concerned by events of the day or of the week. I don't always notice it coming across to other people, but people will come up to me and ask if everything is okay especially people I know well.

Sometimes it'll be a bunch of little things that are totally unrelated to anything or anybody in particular.

Best to ask him about it. Or, if you know another friend of his, ask them to talk to him.