View Full Version : Adult Eastern Sectional Results

sk8er1964
03-09-2003, 01:08 PM
The championship results are up at USFSA http://usfsa.org/events_results/results/200203/adultsectionals/easterns/results.htm.

blondeangl
03-09-2003, 02:25 PM
thanks :D *note for people trying to view it delte the period at the end of the link to see it*

Spinner
03-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Link fixed and title modified so we know it's for Adult Nationals. ;)

Black Sheep
03-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Anybody take any photos?

vesperholly
03-09-2003, 06:25 PM
I was going to, but didn't bring my "big" camera. Anyway I ended up spending the weekend driving around, at Carousel mall in H&M (hahaha) and recruiting people for dinner. You can find photos online in probably 1.5 weeks here:

http://www.digitalmemories.photoreflect.com

If they have the events listed numerically, the numbers were assigned by the schedule. My freestyle was the first event of the competition therefore it was #01. Dance on Sunday at 1pm was #61 so go from there. :-) They got some very nice pics of every event!

I had a blast at this competition. Stormy kicked my butt in freestyle with an awesome lutz-loop-loop (and then she kicked some more butt by winning Silver moves!), and I won Silver solo dance in a 3-2 split - CanAmSk8er didn't let that one go easy, she skated great.

Manleywoman, wow, you are very good! For those who want details, she skated to Harry Potter (right?) and had a lot of speed and spark to her skating, and incredible spins - super layback and a cannonball sit spin. Congratulations on making Nationals!

Hopefully next year it won't be too far away so I can go again.

Jocelyn

Raine
03-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Are results posted anywhere for nonqualifying groups?

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Raine

manleywoman
03-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by vesperholly
Manleywoman, wow, you are very good! For those who want details, she skated to Harry Potter (right?) and had a lot of speed and spark to her skating, and incredible spins - super layback and a cannonball sit spin. Congratulations on making Nationals!

Actually the music was the Seven Years in Tibet Soundtrack. Thanks for the compliments!

sk8er1964
03-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Spinner
Link fixed and title modified so we know it's for Adult Nationals. ;)

What? Are there sectionals for anything else Hee Hee :lol: :lol: . Just kidding.

Manleywoman - congrats on qualifying. I thought that was you when I read the results, but wasn't sure.

Elsy2
03-09-2003, 08:17 PM
Way to go Manleywoman! Congrats! 8-)

Terri C
03-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Also, dcden was third in Championship Gold Men, so he qualified tom I think!

Stormy
03-09-2003, 09:08 PM
I also had a blast at this competition. It was great watching my friends skate and qualify for Nationals. I wouldn't go quite so far as to say I kicked Verperholly's butt, she had much better flow than I did and I really liked her program. Congrats on winning dance, Jocelyn!!!
Does anyone know where it might be held next year? Delaware again?

:)

vesperholly
03-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Stormy, the USFSA says it's "TBA". If/when they know, they'd post it here:

http://www.usfsa.org/events_results/event_info.htm

Jocelyn

jazzpants
03-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by vesperholly
I had a blast at this competition. Stormy kicked my butt in freestyle with an awesome lutz-loop-loop (and then she kicked some more butt by winning Silver moves!), and I won Silver solo dance in a 3-2 split - CanAmSk8er didn't let that one go easy, she skated great. Sounds like you kicked some ice butts to me, Jocelyn!!! :P Congrats to you on winning the Silver Solo Dance!!! WOO HOO!!!

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/kao/otn/pmikkogirl-parapara.gif

dcden
03-10-2003, 12:01 AM
Terri, I did qualify for Championship at AN... thanks for mentioning me! The guy who finished 2nd, Michael Staczar, said he couldn't make it to AN, so if the AN referee approves it, Tony Conte in 5th will take his place at nationals.

There was also buzz in Syracuse that the Tampa area might host next year's sectionals... of course it's still very early to speculate on it.

sk8er1964
03-10-2003, 08:47 AM
Congrats dcden!!! :D :D

LoopLoop
03-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Congrats to everyone!

flo
03-10-2003, 10:35 AM
DCden, congrats! How many go on to the championship round at Nats? 4? I saw that Marty was 4th.
Congrats to all!

skaternum
03-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Excellent work, cyber friends! Especially dcden for qualifying (the qualifying events are always a little more stressful)! I do hope Tony will get to go, too.

flo
03-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Did anyone catch the Ladies Interpretive II?

jazzpants
03-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by sk8er1964
Congrats dcden!!! :D :D
Ditto here!!! :D :D :D

dcden
03-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys! Normally top 4 qualify, so Marty is thru to the next round (gosh I sound like Ryan Seacrest), but there was some question about whether Tony can take Michael's place. I would think so, but we'll see. I believe the rule is that you can take the place of a withdrawal in your own section, but you couldn't have e.g. Tony filling up a vacant spot from Midwesterns. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes, qualifying is stressful, though if we had known beforehand that Michael wouldn't be going to AN, that may have taken off the pressure somewhat. On the other hand, you should always aim to skate according to your own standards and let the placements fall where they may.

Re Black Sheep's question, I took photos of the podium for the Championship events... I'll try to finish out the roll soon and have the photos posted somewhere, possibly on Bill Papineau's site if he'll take them.

Finally, I also would love to know the results from Sunday! All I heard is that Samantha Peele won Bronze I Ladies.

CanAmSk8ter
03-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Tampa? We need a drooling smiley. I will NOT miss that.

I must say, the event in Syracuse was excellent. The rink was gorgeous, the hotel was nice (and an excellent rate for competitors), and the Carousel Center Mall was awesome!

I had so much fun. Hopefully wherever they hold it next year will allow the 18-24s to compete in dance.

Terri C
03-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Dcden,
Samantha won Bronze ladies- EXCELLENT!!!!

LoopLoop
03-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Terri, how did you skate at CRC?

And do you know the results of any of the other adult events there?

Marna

Terri C
03-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Marna,
I skated well, considering that the USNA shuttle was a big hassle, my music didn't play as well on the tape player, AND the rest of my skaters in my group had lutzes and camels, wheresa I can still barely land a loop. My salchlow and toe loop-toe loop combo were solid as was my back scratch and sitspin!
Rumor has it that it may be held at a different rink next year, due to the security issues at USNA!

jazzpants
03-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by CanAmSk8ter
Tampa? We need a drooling smiley. I will NOT miss that.Here's a drooling smiley for 'ya!!! http://www.esmileys.com/mig/albums./yahoosmileys/yim32.gif

(If you wanna know the source, it's esmileys.com...)

I can't wait 'til this weekend!!! Pacific Coast Adults Sectionals is this coming weekend! :D http://www.esmileys.com/mig/albums./yahoosmileys/yim32.gif :D This will be my VERY FIRST Adult Sectional...even if it's just to watch. ;) (Of course, I'm slightly surprised that PattyP is the only person on this forum who's competing at our Adults Sectionals. Must be that we have a lot of lurkers!) :P

wannask8
03-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Have been in tax prep h___ and just saw this thread -- many congrats to all you winners, qualifyers and just plain try-ers!!!

-- wannask8

jazzpants
03-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by wannask8
Have been in tax prep h___ and just saw this thread -- many congrats to all you winners, qualifyers and just plain try-ers!!!

-- wannask8

Don't remind me!!! Last Sat. morning (yeap! Same weekend as Sectionals...) I had to make a long trip 50 miles away to our tax consultant. So as I was planning stuff for Sectionals, I was also going through the house looking for paperwork...

We get a refund, but it's not as much as last year. :cry:

Anyway, I was exhausted by Sat. night!!! :P

flo
03-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Hi,
Did anyone see the ladies II interpretive event?
Thanks,

dcden
03-19-2003, 12:47 PM
I didn't see the event, but the results of all the adult events are finally online:
http://hometown.aol.com/newskates/SCofCNY9.html

flo
03-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks,
I wanted to hear about the skating, and the general feeling of the programs.

Ice T
04-02-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by dcden
There was also buzz in Syracuse that the Tampa area might host next year's sectionals... of course it's still very early to speculate on it.

Sorry to disappoint you all, but the Tampa rumor is not true. I know who was suggesting that because I had spoken to her about the possiblity. But the Tampa Bay Skating Club chose not to put a bid in for adult sectionals. Maybe another time.