View Full Version : 10 Hardest Things to Do In Sports

cparakeet
03-07-2003, 07:33 PM
..... #1 is considered by USA Tody to be hitting a baseball? Oh *come on* folks. You have 3 tries to hit the damn ball. You get only one shot in Figure Skating.

Will everyone help support the poll they put up on their web page? The Quad deserves more credit!!!! Right now it's considered hardest by readers like you and me at 25.5% Let's keep it that way!!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2003-03-02-ten-hardest-experts_x.htm

kayskate
03-08-2003, 05:06 AM
I really have no way of knowing which of these is hardest. I have only limited exp w/ golf and tennis. I would never want to run a marathon, since I quad roller skating to avoid jogging. IMO, racing a car is not a sport, it's a skill. How athletic are those people?

How about: the hardest sport is figure skating as an adult?

Kay

Mrs Redboots
03-08-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by kayskate
IMO, racing a car is not a sport, it's a skill. How athletic are those people? Actually, extremely! They need to be incredibly fit to withstand the G-forces - when a whole team of athletes from various disciplines was pitted against each other in television challenges some years ago, it was the racing drivers who scored highest on overall fitness every time. Mind you, I don't think they included figure skaters or ice dancers in the ranks.....

Elsy2
03-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Although I did vote for the quad....I have to say that hitting a baseball "at 90-miles per hour" would be pretty darn intense. To get a sense of this, watch the movie "The Rookie". It's a good family movie that all can enjoy too.

jazzpants
03-08-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Elsy2
Although I did vote for the quad....I have to say that hitting a baseball "at 90-miles per hour" would be pretty darn intense. To get a sense of this, watch the movie "The Rookie". It's a good family movie that all can enjoy too. I used to be able to hit baseballs (note: NOT softballs) at 30mph in the batting cages!!! :P

Elsy2
03-08-2003, 09:38 PM
I doubt that I would even see the ball coming at 90 mph! 8O

rinkrat24/7
03-08-2003, 10:16 PM
I doubt that I would even see the ball coming at 90 mph!

LOL im w/ you there!

jazzpants
03-09-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by rinkrat24/7
LOL im w/ you there! LOL!!! Me three!!! I barely do okay at 30mph... and I had better eyesight then too!!! :P

Mrs Redboots
03-09-2003, 07:10 AM
I, too, voted for the quad out of loyalty, but I actually wonder whether riding in the Tour de France isn't hardest of all - hours and hours, day after day after day after endless day.... it's bad enough watching the ruddy thing!