View Full Version : test stream - What level are you in?

sk8ing is lyfe
03-05-2003, 11:36 AM
to all the test stream skaters out there, that level are you in?

Elementary
Pre-Preliminary
Preliminary
Jr. Bronze
Sr. Bronze
Jr. Silver
Sr. Silver
Gold

???

sk8ing is lyfe
03-05-2003, 11:44 AM
i am quad gold..

dance
skills
freeskate
artistic

going for the fifth one (similar pairs) soon...

roogu
03-05-2003, 02:35 PM
GOld Similar Pairs?? Do you mean the Gold Pair Interpretive test? Because the only pair tests in Canada are competitive tests.

rinsk
03-05-2003, 08:37 PM
So you can go through the artistic field twice (as singles, then couples)? Cool, I was wondering about that.

I'm also quad gold:
dance
artistic
skills
interpretive dance (the "old" gold interpretive)

I guess you can say I'm also going for my 5th gold: I've got one dance left for my US gold dances. I'm probably testing it in a couple of weeks.

sk8ing is lyfe
03-06-2003, 10:55 AM
yea, sorry thats what i meant, it is similar pairs, however not competitive pairs. I also have my JUV. pairs test , but thats competitive. I want to go into pre-nov pairs after my singles competitive career is over. (thats a different forum tho)

I am also going to go for my diamond dances (looks good on a resumee!!!!)

i think they should have diamond skills and freeskate also, for people who are still looking to continue in skating, but are done with quad+ gold. Does anyone agree with me?????

roogu
03-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Similar pairs wouldn't be the same as pair interpretive though. Similar pairs is more like another recreational event for people to do elements as a 'pair' although pair elementes are very rare ... at least here in Ontario. Pair interpretive requires one man and one women and tests the ability to interpret a theme or music ... quite different than similar pairs.

It'd be interesting about the diamond skills or freeskate tests ... but probably unnecessary ... by the time someone passes a gold freeskate, they're already probably working on double axels or a triple or two. If someone were to institute a diamond freeskate, I'd imagine the double axel and one triple would be required to pass it ........ those are the minimum requirements to pass the sr. comp. tests, so any skater who wants to pass more freeskate tests, could just really take that one. No need for diamond freeskate.

Norlite
03-07-2003, 06:42 AM
Actually roogu,

Interpretive couples can be two girls, or one girl, one guy, or two guys if you want.......your option. This option was also available in the old Artistic as well.

My daughter is working now on an Interpretive with a female skater.

thumbyskates
03-07-2003, 10:41 AM
I have my:

Bronze Interpretive (testing my Silver tomorrow!!!)
Senior Bronze Freeskate
Jr. Silver Dances
Senior Bronze Skills

And am currently working on Introductory Interpretive Couples!!! It is with a girl...so to answer that question...whatever it was. You can have two girls, two boys or a guy and a girl.

Another side note...there is such thing as Similar Pairs. It's not testable (yet!!!), but I'm competing "Open Pairs" in April with a girl from my club! It's two girls, two guys or a guy and a girl!!!

Kortney

rinsk
03-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Diamond skills could be cool. I'd like to see more of what the Level 1 skills used to be with the creative exercise (I passed my Skills 1 right before they revamped the skills tests and had so much fun with my Creative program: I'd love to do another one). However, I would go insane if they had a new C exercise where they just add on more steps. I played with the idea of doing my MITFs in the States now that I'm done skills but I'd probably have to restart at pre-prelim which doesn't appeal right now so that's on hold.

I'm also working on my diamonds. It would be fun to have a creative/interpretive dance at the diamond level. Maybe I'd have to look into whether I'd be able to take my competitive dance tests if I want to continue with more freedance-style-stuff.