View Full Version : Worlds Volunteers, and question abt orientation

mikawendy
03-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Hi there, I just got my volunteering assignments for Worlds last week. Does anyone else know their volunteering schedule yet? Maybe we can all meet for a snack/coffee?

Here's what I'm signed up for:
Sat 3/22 4-9 Convention Center
Sun 3/23 6-11 AM Convention Center
Sun 3/30 9-2 MCI Center
Tentatively also helping at BWI when teams' flights arrive

I haven't gotten more info on the orientation at the Renaissance Hotel on Mar 8/9--does anyone have details? I hear it's so that we can have our photo ID credentials made, among other things.

Does anyone know of any parking garages that are open near the MCI Center at 5:30 AM? My first Sunday slot starts before the Metro runs. I'll need to park my car somewhere where I can leave it for the morning without having to feed a meter.

Thanks everyone!

JDC1
03-04-2003, 03:23 PM
I'll check my schedule and get back to you. I'm trying to get my credentials in Reston if it's possible but I may end up in DC too.

mikawendy
03-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Thanks, JDC1

Can anyone get their credentials in Reston? That would be better for me, since I could go skating and visit my parents, too.

blue111moon
03-06-2003, 08:16 AM
I'm an out-of-towner (actually out-of-stater) so I won't get my credentials until The morning before my first shift. You have to bring a photo ID driver's license or passport to the credentialing and be prepared to have your picture taken (no bad hair days!)

My chair sent word that special parking arangements will be made for folks with the super early and super-late (that's me!) shifts. A couple lots at RFK will be reserved for volunteer parking but you have to get the pass from your committee chair.

There's also information coming on meal vouchers for people working four-hour or longer shifts.