View Full Version : what level are you in?

sk8ing is lyfe
03-02-2003, 05:35 PM
which level are u in? describe your skating progresses...

skaternum
03-02-2003, 06:27 PM
You completely omitted all the adult levels.

sk8ing is lyfe
03-02-2003, 07:07 PM
im sorry skaternum, but i donno the adult levels... maybe if u give me the info i can create a poll.... (pm me please)

thumbyskates
03-02-2003, 07:12 PM
You also didn't factor in the non-competitive levels!!!
(for Canada anyways......)

Elementary
Pre-Preliminary
Preliminary
Jr. Bronze
Sr. Bronze
Jr. Silver
Sr. Silver
Gold

And...this is for freeskate right? Better double check.

I'm Jr. Silver Dance and Skills, Bronze Interpretive and Sr. Bronze Freeskate.

Kortney

BringontheRain
03-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Novice

sk8er1964
03-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by sk8ing is lyfe
im sorry skaternum, but i donno the adult levels... maybe if u give me the info i can create a poll.... (pm me please)

The USFSA adult levels are Pre-Bronze, Bronze, Silver & Gold. After Gold, the adults move over to the standard track, starting at Intermediate. That's when they start competing at the "masters" level.

It's ok that you didn't know them - I'm still trying to figure out the standard track - in my day it was all figures! I'm Adult Gold, BTW.

JDC1
03-03-2003, 08:24 AM
Really don't know, we're pretty casual and I haven't tested but my guess is I'm at Bronze level and will be for awhile. :-) Some of my MIF's are harder than Bronze but like I said we're pretty casual, there's just 5 of us in our group.

Mrs Redboots
03-03-2003, 12:20 PM
You also omitted the beginning levels - I think in the USA you call them pre-Preliminary, Preliminary, and pre-Juvenile, don't you? Here, we don't have a separate Adult structure; everybody does the first 6 levels of tests, the first 3 are counted as Bronze and levels 4-6 as Silver. Then the sheep are separated from the goats, and the would-be elite skaters go to Novice, Primary, Junior and ultimately Senior tests, and the rest of us go battling on up to and including Level 10. This applies in both dance and free skating.

CanAmSk8ter
03-03-2003, 04:29 PM
I classed myself as Novice, but I wanted to clarify that that's in dance, not singles. For qualifying competitions I would actually be Intermediate, but since I don't have a partner I can't do qualifyings anyway. At local comps I usually skate Novice, although I'm probably going to be skating Junior at least a couple of times this year.

Edited to add, I've passed my Intermediate Moves and Pre-Silver Dance, and will be taking my Rocker and American at the end of April.