View Full Version : Proud Skatemom Reporting

Elsy2
02-28-2003, 09:35 PM
I just have to tell you all how proud I am of skating daughter for passing Novice Moves today! :D When I think back to the beginning of our skating journey together, I never imagined that she would be able to skate the way she can today....I couldn't help but think as I watched this intricate test that this is really what skating is all about. For the first time I admit I didn't know what all those moves were.. :oops: But I sure can't wipe the smile off my face today!

jazzpants
02-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Congrats to your daughter for passing her Novice Moves test. That's a VERY VERY tough test to pass... You should be a proud skating mama!!! :D :D :D

Mrs Redboots
03-01-2003, 06:04 AM
Goodness, well done her! You must be very proud.

skaternum
03-01-2003, 08:00 AM
Those are some hard Moves. Congrats to her for passing them and to you for being such a great skate mom and supporting her!

dbny
03-01-2003, 10:09 AM
CONGRATULATIONS

I've seen that test passed and failed, and the passing skaters were really something out there. Your daughter is truly a skater.

MissIndigo
03-01-2003, 11:08 AM
http://www.jamezbrown.com/mysmilies/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

Way to go! I know she must have skated beautifully!

yuffie
03-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Thanks mom...lol :oops:

Elsy2
03-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Thanks all for your kind comments!

(I have to add my daughter's signature quotes do not refer to this country, she's not making a political statement.....we all went to see the movie "Shanghai Nights" and she just found that quote amusing.....sigh....teens!)

BringontheRain
03-02-2003, 08:17 AM
Congrats! That is one hard test to pass ... I hated it! You must have skated awesome!

icenut84
03-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Congratulations!! :mrgreen: Just out of curiosity, what's on the test?

Elsy2
03-02-2003, 03:53 PM
The Novice moves:

l. Backward perimeter power stroking with back inside and forward inside 3-turns.
2. Forward perimeter power crossover stroking to a backward quick rocker-turn sequence
3. Forward and backward outside counters
4. Forward and backward inside counters
5. Back rocker-choctaw sequence
6. Spiral sequence
7. Bracket three bracket pattern

Sorry, it would just be too much to type the full descriptions of these patterns!

BABYSKATES
03-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Yea!!!! Congratulations to your daughter and you! Only 2 more moves tests to go! I'm jealous!

We're in high test mode right now. When my daughter is taking a test, I'm more nervous than at competitions, especially when she's taking moves!

Michigansk8er
03-03-2003, 06:29 AM
Way to go Yuffie!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mrs Redboots
03-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by icenut84
Congratulations!! :mrgreen: Just out of curiosity, what's on the test? I should perhaps point out, Rachel, that here, "Novice" has meant something very different. We now call our beginning test "Level 1 Bronze", but until this year, it was "Novice". Now, Novice means, as it does in the USA, post-level 6 Silver.....

jazzpants
03-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by yuffie
Thanks mom...lol :oops:

That's what Moms are for... to brag about their kid's accomplishments while embarrassing the heck outta us!!! LOL!!! :P (Right, Elsy2?) ;)

Congrats yuffie!!! That's a hard test to pass!!! My coach is now working on that moves test now and has been for about a year now. I've already seen more people having to RETRY this test than pass it in all the test sessions I've seen so far... Oui vei!!! :roll:

yuffie
03-03-2003, 03:40 PM
LOL Jazzpants!

I know she is probably more excited about it than I am :roll: :D

Elsy2
03-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah...I was especially excited to hear the coach tell me, "passing this test is going to be expensive....." 8O I haven't seen the bill yet.

You are so right Jazzpants! I think I know who your coach is...and I told Yuffie you were coached by "MK".....When she figured out what I meant (we were both at AN last year) she said, "I love his performances!"

Black Sheep
03-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Elsy2! Anyone who can pass any moves test PreJuv and up gets a high rating in my book! Congrats to your daughter! :D

jazzpants
03-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Elsy2
Yeah...I was especially excited to hear the coach tell me, "passing this test is going to be expensive....." 8O I haven't seen the bill yet.

You are so right Jazzpants! I think I know who your coach is...and I told Yuffie you were coached by "MK".....When she figured out what I meant (we were both at AN last year) she said, "I love his performances!"

Well, "MK" is definitely working on his Novice moves and he won't be in drag this year, as far as I know. (I know...SHUCKS!!!) :( He's now trying to move up to compete with the REALLY BIG GUNS at the Masters Level for AN 2004 (I think!) This year he's just doing Masters Interpretatives. And this one's a nice change of style for him!!! :D

Anyway, to yuffie on passing her Novice Moves: :bow: LOL!!!

Mrs Redboots
03-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by jazzpants
Well, "MK" is definitely working on his Novice moves and he won't be in drag this year, as far as I know. (I know...SHUCKS!!!) :( He's now trying to move up to compete with the REALLY BIG GUNS at the Masters Level for AN 2004 (I think!) This year he's just doing Masters Interpretatives. And this one's a nice change of style for him!!! :D Is he coming to France again this year? I do remember how marvellous he was the year he did come, and would love to see him perform again. And that way, you wouldn't have any excuse not to come......

jazzpants
03-04-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Redboots
Is he coming to France again this year? I do remember how marvellous he was the year he did come, and would love to see him perform again. And that way, you wouldn't have any excuse not to come...... I don't know if he's coming, but I have a good excuse for not coming... I don't have the money for the trip!!! Both hubby and I are now unemployed and looking for work. The last thing I'm thinking about is competing. I'm just hoping that I'll find a job before my savings run out and I'd be forced to quit skating. :(

I've also not been working on my old Yanni program b/c of my Bronze Moves, so competing or doing a program is out of the question right now.

Mrs Redboots
03-05-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by jazzpants
I don't know if he's coming, but I have a good excuse for not coming... I don't have the money for the trip!!! Both hubby and I are now unemployed and looking for work. The last thing I'm thinking about is competing. I'm just hoping that I'll find a job before my savings run out and I'd be forced to quit skating. :( Oh dear - I do indeed hope one or both of you finds a job before that sad day....