View Full Version : Skating rinks near Nice, France?

mikawendy
02-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know of any indoor skating rinks in or near Nice, France, that are open in the summertime?

My husband and I will be taking our belated honeymoon in June (we'll be staying near Monte Carlo). We'll have **plenty** to keep us busy, but on the off chance that it pours cats and dogs while we're there or my husband suddenly develops a new-found desire to skate ;) I thought I'd find out if there are any rinks in driving distance from Nice.

I'm probably not going to take my skates--if we were to wind up going skating there, I'd rent.

twinkle
02-24-2003, 04:38 AM
Its extremely likely, since 2000 Worlds were in Nice, so unless they used a temporary arena or they've closed it down since then, there's a large ice rink right in the middle of Nice. Don't know if it would be open in the summer though.

sk8pics
02-24-2003, 06:14 AM
If I'm remembering correctly, the main rink at worlds in Nice was tank ice set up inbetween the Novotel and Sofitel hotels. Right across the street from that was the practice rink. I can't recall if that was tank ice, too, but I think it was a regular rink.

Pat

ekaterina
02-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Mikawendy,
yes, there's an indoor rink in Nice, but I'm afraid it's closed during the summer. Generally speaking, in France, during the summertime, rinks are closed unless they're in somes cities located in the french Alpes.