View Full Version : 2003 Pacific Coast Adults Sectional/West Coast Open

jazzpants
02-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Okay who's going? And most importantly, who's competing and in what event are you gonna be in? :D :D :D

Nope, just watching this year!!! Too busy trying to work on Bronze Moves this year!!! I want my general skating to be solid first...don't wanna look like a dork on the ice!!! :P

Mrs Redboots
02-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Jazzpants:
don't wanna look like a dork on the ice!!! I sympathise, but you won't. Anyway, when I first started competing, I did, totally, look like a dork, as I'm sure any of the British contingent who saw me will confirm (Lynne?) - come to that, I should think I still do!

No, I'm not going to the West Coast, alas; would love to, but trips to the USA really do have to be limited to every 5 years or so for financial reasons. But I hope all who enter have a fabulous time, and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of you at the Mountain Cup.

skaternum
02-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Personally, I think we all look like dorks our first time out. It doesn't matter if you wait until you can do a double axel to compete -- there's just something wonderfully gawdawful about that first competition! I didn't even know I looked like a dork until I saw the video later. Ha! Fear of looking like a dork should never stop an adult skater from competing! :P

MissIndigo
02-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by jazzpants
...don't wanna look like a dork on the ice!!! :P

Some of us are just dorks in the first place (like me!)...skating or no skating...lol!:lol:

jazzpants
02-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by MissIndigo
Some of us are just dorks in the first place...skating or no skating...lol!:lol:

Hey, you should have seen how badly I skated this afternoon!!! :roll: The only thing that was decent was alt FO3's and even that didn't look right either... (at least not the way my coach wants it!) :P

But I look at the bright side, at least 2-3 months ago, I could even do a decent LFO3's to save my life, never mind a power 3 on that side!!! And now I'm working on my spin entry again to see if I could get a nice spin out of those power 3's!!! :P :D

Until then... *sigh* :(

PattyP
02-17-2003, 01:50 PM
I'm going and every time I skate at Yerba Buena I look like a dork! ;)

I'm competing in Silver II (12:55 Fri) and Interp II (8:45am Sat).

PattyP

jazzpants
02-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by PattyP
I'm going and every time I skate at Yerba Buena I look like a dork! ;)

Now, now, Patty!!! ;) :P (Trust me, she doesn't look anything like a dork!!!)

We chased out any demons that's there this past Chinese New Year, so you'll do just great this time around!!! :P BTW: if you see Gladiator Guy, tell him hello for me!!! :)

This is something I've been looking forward to. I've never been at Adult Sectionals or Nationals before (even to watch, I don't even want to talk about competing yet...) :P So...this will be a great experience for me! :D :D :D

MissIndigo
02-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Mmmmm...*sighs wistfully*...my favorite part of skating at Yerba Buena was seeing the skyline...nothing like that around here...

Have fun everyone!!! Good luck to all skaters.

PattyP
02-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Jazzpants, thanks for chasing those demons away! I'll remember that when I step onto the ice next month. Yerba Buena is a beautiful facility, but the ice always feels a little strange to me

I don't see Nick (Gladiator Guy) and the gang too often anymore as I changed rinks this past year, so I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody in SF too. :D

PattyP

Figureskates
02-19-2003, 06:20 PM
Looking like a dork on the ice is the one thing that comes naturally to me.....everything else requires time, money and lots of hard work!!!