View Full Version : What does:"ISU, singles 2nd" mean

JD
02-13-2003, 09:12 AM
We have a coach applying to our Skate Canada club with her credentials on her card stating the following for stuff passed:

senior competitive singles test
gold dances
silver interpretive dance test
8th figure
and,

"ISU singles 2nd"

What does ISU singles second mean????? no one at our club knows

sk8er1964
02-13-2003, 02:33 PM
I don't know. Is there somebody at Skate Canada that you can ask? I know the USFSA has somebody you can email with questions like that.

vesperholly
02-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Perhaps she meant ISI? Although Freestyle 2 is a low level and I'm not sure why anyone would want to put that on a resume, especially with her other stellar credentials.

BTW, what is silver interpretive dance test? I know there are interp. tests in Canada but they're not dances.

Jocelyn

roogu
02-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey Jocelyn

A Silver Interpretive Dance test is ummm .... pretty much a freedance. Basically you piece together a freedance with the music of the rhythms/dances of the compulsories in the Sr. Silver Dances here in Canada. And you can test it with your own steps and so on and so forth like your own freedance, but it must be done so as a couple although both skaters don't have to be testing at the same time.

There's also a Gold Intepretive Dance test too ... of course, uses the rhythms/music of the compulsories of the Gold Dance tests.

Lee
02-13-2003, 08:30 PM
The Silver and Gold Interpretive Dance tests are on their way out -- being replaced eventually with a free dance test that, I believe will become part of a current level of tests (eg. Jr. Silver Free Dance, or something like that).

As for the ISU singles 2nd, is there not a set of ISU tests that can be taken in the singles and dance? I know there are ISU dance tests, it's quite possible there are ISU singles tests as well.

JD
02-14-2003, 08:36 AM
Giggle....

if I waited for SC to call back.....[we might be waiting awhile]

Its definately ISU...ran a search on the net, though, and didn't see what ISU test levels were...so, keep those thoughts coming and maybe it will get figured out....

RoaringSkates
02-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Another option is to ask the applicant. Ask in a nice way - "you have some very impressive credentials. I'm not familiar with this one - tell me about it - what did you have to do to earn it - how do you feel it benefits you as a coach - blah blah blah"

skaternum
02-14-2003, 09:21 AM
And then tell us once you find out. It's quite curious!

Imo
02-14-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that ISU Class 2 dances are around the Jr/Sr Silver level dances... so maybe it's a similar level for freestyle?