View Full Version : Shopping Online

Blue Line
02-11-2003, 08:32 PM
I cannot live without Bunga pads much longer. Unfortunately, I'm tethered to campus for the next couple of weeks (will I ever graduate?!), and I won't have the time to drive the rather lengthy distance to pick up a pair from the nearest pro shop. Since I've been duped in the very recent past by online retailers, I thought I'd check with you all (the best resource there is) to see who is worth giving my business to and who is not.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

ddpskater
02-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Its a different brand I think, but I've ordered from Skating Safe on line and by phone and never had a problem.

sk8er1964
02-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Blue Line - I PM'd you with a local source.

manleywoman
02-12-2003, 09:44 AM
www.bungapads.com

Elsy2
02-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Using that link takes you to Absolute Athletics, where I have always bought my bungas. They have sent them to me in the midwest within two or three days. Great service from them.

wannask8
02-15-2003, 10:02 AM
Blue Line, I am pretty squeamish about shopping on-line too (just had a very bad experience at the end of last year), so when I ordered my Bungas, I called their customer service # and did it over the phone. I think I just used the # on the web site (888-286-4272). I had them within a few days.

-- wannask8

skaternum
02-15-2003, 12:30 PM
By the way, has anyone ordered from the Leotard Lady division of South Harbor Sports? I'm curious as to how it turned out.

Thanks!

ddpskater
02-15-2003, 01:10 PM
I've ordered boys pants from the leotard lady (she has two trade names I think, and my order was from the one that has the boys stuff) and they came quickly and were as promised.

garyc254
02-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ddpskater
I've ordered boys pants from the leotard lady (she has two trade names I think, and my order was from the one that has the boys stuff) and they came quickly and were as promised.

Do they have a website?

skaternum
02-18-2003, 02:19 PM
http://www.leotardlady.com/

If you're looking for men's and boys' pants & stuff, try Rivers Edge Dancewear. They have a decent selection of Six-O pants & shirts.

http://www.riversedgedancewear.com

garyc254
02-18-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by skaternum
[BIf you're looking for men's and boys' pants & stuff, try Rivers Edge Dancewear. They have a decent selection of Six-O pants & shirts.
[/B]

I'm actually trying to find someplace to get my girlfriend some good old fashion style leotards. She teaches aerobics, but can't stand the bike shorts with tshirt or crop top styles that are popular now.

The leotards she has are so old the tags are washed blank, so we can't begin to try to find the company that produced them.

Thanks for the Leotard Lady site. I'll check it out. :D

skaternum
02-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Ah, well in that case, check out New York Dancewear Company. They have a huge selection of leotards at great prices. And don't forget to look at the section that says "Special Cut to Order Bodywear." You can order any style leotard you can think of in any color and fabric you can think of, and they don't cost any more than an off-the-rack capezio leotard. You can get different "add ons" like bras, leg cuts, etc. My skating buddies and I have ordered lots of cut to order cotton long sleeve leotards from them.

http://www.nydancewear.com/

jenlyon60
02-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Ebay is a good source...there's several "Ebay Stores" with "new with tag" leotards.

Also www.costumeheaven.com has a leotard section.