View Full Version : Hi! I am new!

nutty-ducky
06-09-2002, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to post this post and say that I am new to this forum. I live in England. I am 14 years old and I have only recently started private figure skating lessons and I am loving it.
At the moment in figure skating I am learning my forward pivot on both feet, my two-foot spin, forward crossovers, forward cross-cuts, T-Stop, Snowplough stop(forwards and backwards), and other basic things.
I think I am going to enjoy it here! :D
Cat :D

Mrs Redboots
06-09-2002, 12:57 PM
[quote:03c7e32c06="nutty-ducky"]Hi everyone! I just wanted to post this post and say that I am new to this forum. I live in England. I am 14 years old and I have only recently started private figure skating lessons and I am loving it.
Cat :D[/quote:03c7e32c06]Hi, and welcome! I don't think we've had anybody from Plymouth before. I've never skated there, although various friends of mine compete at the Open there. For those who don't know, Plymouth is a kidney-shaped rink, so if you are doing a programme there, you have to know where the judges are going to sit, and where they have a blind spot, so that you can do the things you are fairly sure you'll mess up out of their line of sight.....

I believe it's a lovely rink to skate at, though.

SandraD
06-09-2002, 06:32 PM
Hi nutty-ducky and welcome to the board!

I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana in the USA and was taking lessons. However, we lost our ice. Our club members plan to drive to Baton Rouge (about 100 miles) when the rink opens there in the Fall.

Happy skating and enjoy the board. :)

Sandra

nutty-ducky
06-10-2002, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am sure I will enjoy it here!

Mrs Redboots- Yeah It is really cool to skate in the ice rink, it is also good for doing your crossovers in, the rink is fairly small though so when you practice things people normally get in your way! :?

SandraD- Soory Sandra that your ice rink is closed. I know then that I al lucky to have any ice rink to skate in, even though it is small. 100 miles is along way! 8O
Cat 8)

TashaKat
06-10-2002, 02:04 PM
[quote:0c061466c9="nutty-ducky"]Hi everyone! I just wanted to post this post and say that I am new to this forum. I live in England. I am 14 years old and I have only recently started private figure skating lessons and I am loving it.
At the moment in figure skating I am learning my forward pivot on both feet, my two-foot spin, forward crossovers, forward cross-cuts, T-Stop, Snowplough stop(forwards and backwards), and other basic things.
I think I am going to enjoy it here! :D
Cat :D[/quote:0c061466c9]

Hi and welcome, I'm another one from the UK ....... YAY!! I skate in London though I DID skate at Plymouth a long time ago! I was down there on business for a couple of weeks and went several times ..... I can remember the ice being very soft and it being very strange skating on a kidney shaped pad :) Good luck with your lessons and please let us know how you get on :) Oh, and quick plug here ...... come over to Yahoo UKskaters (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKskaters/) and join in our database/files/pics section :)

L x

nutty-ducky
06-10-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks TashaKat,
Can I just ask you something, when you where skating down in Plymouth, when did you go to skate? And also how long ago did you come down on the business trip? Just curious,

FSWer
06-11-2002, 11:52 PM
Hi, I don`t skate myself, but welcome aboard.

TashaKat
06-12-2002, 05:38 AM
[quote:83b42db926="nutty-ducky"]Thanks TashaKat,
Can I just ask you something, when you where skating down in Plymouth, when did you go to skate? And also how long ago did you come down on the business trip? Just curious,

Hi, I'm trying to work it out ...... about (eek!) 7-8 years ago I think ..... it's a fair while! I wasn't actually having skating lessons then, it was before I started 'properly' so I could just about do 3-turns and a bit of backwards skating. I was only there for 2 weeks as I was at the Derriford Hospital demonstrating some cardiac monitoring equipment. I went in the evening, it was quite quiet then. I lived in London at the time so didn't get to skate there at weekends because I came home :)

L x

melanieuk
06-12-2002, 08:14 AM
Happy skating. :lol:
I'm another from the UK, this time in Scotland.
I've been off ice for 2 weeks but returning on Monday I think.
:lol:

nutty-ducky
06-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Thanks TashaKat for the info.
Alos thanks everyone for the welcome.
I feel very welcomed by evryone! :D :D :D :D
Cat