View Full Version : road quality in Belair, MD

mikawendy
02-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Hi, does anyone know how the roads are up in Belair, MD?

I have a lesson up there tomorrow but I'm debating whether to go. My twisted ankle feels nearly 100% and my lesson is being taught by a substitute who I know and who is a good teacher, so I was planning on going. But if the roads are cruddy (I heard they got 8 inches of snow, which out here in Maryland is a lot), then I don't know if I'd want to chance it...

Thanks!

sk8er1964
02-07-2003, 08:12 PM
8" in Detroit is a lot!!! Good luck.

mikawendy
02-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Thanks, sk8r1964 and Maggie (who PMed me). The roads ended up looking okay this morning but my car decided for me. I couldn't get it un-parallel parked after 15 minutes of digging, so I gave up and stayed home. I'll go skating outdoors today, instead.

I'm a little bummed because I was looking forward to having this lesson with the substitute--she gives private lessons at my rink and is a good teacher. But I didn't want to dent up my car or the ones next to it. Someone else had a fenderbender on my block this morning and drove away without leaving info. I called the police but didn't have a license plate number, so I don't think they'll find him.

sk8er1964
02-08-2003, 03:36 PM
It's always better to be safe than sorry. After the horrible snows we had in December a few years ago, when I got stuck a good 1/2 dozen times in my car, I ended up buying a 4 wheel drive for my next vehicle. It'll go through just about anything (the only time I ever got close to stuck was in the sand in the Outer Banks of NC).

Hopefully you'll get a chance to work with that instructor another time.

flo
02-10-2003, 09:36 AM
Mika,
If you're ever stuck on a Saturday and want to go to NW, call me. I parked on another street, so I could get out.
Best to all in the snow, and be safe!