View Full Version : Electric blanket for your car!

backspin
01-28-2003, 03:05 PM
I was shopping for an electric blanket today because a couple nights a week I come home chilled through (I have a 1/2 to 1 hour drive home from various rinks), & I just can't get warm again unless I take a really hot bath. I thought an electric blanket might let me get to bed earlier (& bypass the bath) but still be able to get warm.

And lo and behold!! Did anyone know they made these??? An electric blanket that is made for your car (or boat I suppose), that plugs into the cigarette lighter!! I can get warm on my way home & be all toasty the whole way!

Someone must have invented this just for us! :D

here's a link (http://amos.catalogcity.com/cc.class/cc?search_form=&ccsyn=1&main=ccn_search&sy=products&st=electric+blanket&ccsid=123820262-19417)

If you scroll down there are actually a few of them. Cheapest price: $48.75. Warm butt on the drive home: Priceless!! :mrgreen:

pinkjellybean
01-28-2003, 03:59 PM
They actually have one that is like a seat pad for the car that's heated... it's great because it stays on the seat all winter and warms your back and butt! hehe and even after you've unplugged it you'll keep warm for a while which is great not to have it plugged in all the tine.

Suzanne
01-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Wow, good idea. And here I was, wondering what to get my dad for his birthday this weekend... :)

KathySkates
01-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the great info! I left my house at 4:30 am this morning and it was 6 degrees F WITHOUT the wind chill! Brrrrr....!
My car is old and takes forever to heat up. With one of those pads, I can be toasty!

Black Sheep
01-28-2003, 05:54 PM
I've ordered one for myself just now. Just the thing I need right now! This painfully frigid weather is most likely what gave me this cold....:)

skaternum
01-28-2003, 06:53 PM
I got the heated car seat for a friend for Christmas. I think they're fabulous!

pinkjellybean
01-28-2003, 08:04 PM
I just love the heated seat so much I figured I'd post again.... I love it because I'm not normally cold but when I leave skating, absolutely soaked and refuse to put pants on, (which is most of the time) I hop onto the warm seat and I'm in heaven :)

Andie
01-28-2003, 11:13 PM
Hehe. Some cars now have an option of built-in heated front seats. But I think only on the more luxury-ish cars. Last month, I went with my mom and brother to test a Toyota Avalon and both of them said their butts/backs were burning :lol: and my mom got really annoyed before finally figuring out how to turn off the heat.

garyc254
01-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Bought my girlfriend one of the heated seat cushions a couple of years ago. When she leaves the rink after skating or watching her daughter skate, the seat cushion gets turned on right after the van is started. :D

Toasty buns!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Mrs Redboots
01-30-2003, 05:39 AM
When my daughter was working in Switzerland, she was lent a luxury top-of-the-range VW (don't ask!) to drive. That had heated front seats (and satellite navigation, and, and, and.....) but I'm sure they weren't working properly, at least the front passenger seat, because either one was far too hot, or it was cold. I loathe a heated car anyway (the smell of hot engine that comes through the heater makes me feel terribly carsick), and ours are heated as little as possible, and I found the heated front seat also made me feel a bit sick.

I keep a rug in the back of the car, and wrap it round me; my husband was waiting to take me home from a meeting the other night, and found it - he was warm, and listening to the radio which is his favourite thing - I think he was asleep when I went to the car!

backspin
01-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Okay, I have looked & looked, but can't find a heated seat pad, either online, or in stores. Help! Anybody have a link or a store where they carry them?

skaternum
01-30-2003, 12:29 PM
The Bed, Bath, and Beond chain carry several different types of heated seat pads. They have massagers in them too, so try looking under those kinds of headings.

pinkjellybean
02-02-2003, 12:46 PM
In Canada I know the heated seat warmers can be found at Canadian Tire. If you're in the U.S. I would try Walmart or home supply stores like Home Hardware.

This is the link to the one at Canadian Tire, this one's $49.99

Canadian Tire Heat Warmer (http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=169329&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=166971&bmUID=1044211165638&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=129519&assortment=primary)